Freego Hawk Power Setting Fault

Kevin Smith

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 17, 2014
A problem with my really reliable old Freego Hawk has come up that I think may be quite simple but I'm hoping someone will know. It's always been really good with no faults at all, but after disconnecting the front LED light when doing some work on it, when I switch it on with the key at the battery, it now runs the checks through the three power settings, with the LED display lights going on and off, and then is ready to use with the power setting on medium (should be low) and won't now switch between settings. Putting the front light on or disconnecting it initally seemed to make it return to normal, but now it does'nt (and that may just have been incidental). I've physically checked and cleaned all the connections for the controller, rear motor etc. and tried different batteries, but it remains the same. Any thoughts would be very welcome. Thanks

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Disturbed contacts, yes check ALL the cables. Worst case is a dry joint pcb fault that moved when you played with the lights

FreeGo Electric Bikes

Aug 24, 2015
Southampton
Hi Kevin. We have come across this issue before and has been identified as a problem in the LED display on the handlebar which would need to be replaced. Unsure why it occurred while the light was disconnected but am fairly sure a replacement display will cure the problem

Best regards Richard

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Kevin Smith

Oct 17, 2014
Hi Both
Many thanks for the responses. Both right I think, a good spray of contact cleaner in the display and all worked well once again
Thanks

Advertisers