Friday funny .......

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
My god Alistair, i dont think I have ever seen anything as frightening as that....I thought he wasnt going to stop until he actually DID reach heaven......

Talk about brave...

All I can say is that I hope they are paid a LOT more than blooming footballers..........

But then, there cant be many of us who could do that for a living no matter HOW much the pay was :eek:

For next Fridays Funny can we have something a little more relaxing, cos Im still hyperventilating after watching that one.......totally amazing and awe inspiring ......but F Terrifying.... :D

Lynda :)

Last edited:

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
As an apprentice telephone engineer, I have climbed poles of up to 60 feet. I have read somewhere that if you can climb a forty foot pole, the sky is the limit. As a young man, I could probably have climbed that, but now I get dizzy if I stand on my toes. I am amazed that in this day and age, better safety systems are not in use . The way that he clips his harness onto those steps is very insecure, and could easily become detached. When he is moving that clip, only his hands are holding him onto the structure. It could be made much safer for not a lot of money.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
LOVE them.....

WANT them......

Might even persuade me to cycle at night.......or maybe just on a dark dimpsy day.... :D :D :D

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
If youve got Dire Straights, Snow Patrol or Coldplay....I will buy some......

Or maybe they do Cameron as a UK version of their Obama one.......:D :D

lynda :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As an apprentice telephone engineer, I have climbed poles of up to 60 feet. I have read somewhere that if you can climb a forty foot pole, the sky is the limit. As a young man, I could probably have climbed that, but now I get dizzy if I stand on my toes.
This business of being afraid of heights is really weird. If I'm standing on any building at over 15 feet off the ground I feel very queasy and even film of being at height on a structure makes me feel ill and I have to look away. I couldn't watch that clip. But in an open sided helicopter sitting at the edge and even hanging out to take photos with just a flimsy lap belt on, I am completely relaxed and enjoying myself, even on the sharpest turns with the helicopter heeled almost onto it's side and nothing between me and the ground. Baffling, I just can't account for the difference, other then the possibility that being totally detached from the ground makes it psychologically being in a different world.

Advertisers