front hub on a gtech

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes. You'd need a motor controller as well, plus a separate battery to provide the power.

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
so are there really small batteries (size wise) available, thinking a front hub could be used on steep hill on commute for 5 mins a day. thought my legs and lungs would get stronger every day but that seems to get cancelled out by getting a day older every day.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

boyabouttown

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2016
sheffield
it gets me up but with a fair bit of effort from myself, which is a shock after such an effortless commute up to that point. on reflection maybe i should have gone for something else, 3 gears would have been perfect, a lower one for the hill, higher one for the flats, seem to be able to ride past assistance easily enough, just the legs spinning too fast. maybe the hill will get easier in time, as thats about the only bit of journey requiring effort. although if i went up the hill too easily i would be missing part of the reason for buying a bike, getting fitter. perhaps i should stop moaning and get on enjoying the ride.

• Informative

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Engaging fun police mode, you do know that would be illegal two motors that is? Mode off.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Engaging fun police mode, you do know that would be illegal two motors that is? Mode off.
Why is it illegal?

it gets me up but with a fair bit of effort from myself, which is a shock after such an effortless commute up to that point.
Maybe you're pushing yourself too hard. Ease off, and take the hill a bit more slowly for now. Ebiking fitness doesn't come overnight you know. :)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Why is it illegal?

Maybe you're pushing yourself too hard. Ease off, and take the hill a bit more slowly for now. Ebiking fitness doesn't come overnight you know. :)
The law states only one motor, the gtech already has one.
It's dull and boring but an easy catch if you upset mr plod.

• Informative