FS: 8FUN 250W 20" Front Motor (QSWXB) 36 Spoke

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
I mistakenly laced this 24v motor into a 26" rim with a 15A controller at 12s. It doesn't like to pull away, so 100 miles later I'm going to sell it. At 36v in a 20" wheel you will get 20mph. It had an odd plug so that had to come off and the wires lengthened. It's not a swollen mess of tape though. I can probably supply the KU65 controller and LED, some e-brake pulls or a hidden. A throttle and perhaps even the frog battery box with 12s bms wired to take 3 5ah lipo bricks (~£70 from hobbyking) so it could be a full kit minus pas sensor and LiPo.

£70 with charger?
Offers on the motor. £35+Postage would be nice.

I need a rear motor for 26" like the 100H, to build it again with an LCD this time.

Oh.. the frog box has a power meter built in, with Ah used and the like displayed.

I will put up pics of the extras if anyone is interested, but my phone (camera) is out of action till Wednesday or so. The motor is clean. Stickers intact. Even the paper ones. 100 miles is very little dust. It may even be closer to 50 miles. I built it for a friend who just doesn't cycle. Too snobby.. so it really is very new.

Newark, Nottinghamshire

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Hi, i.might be interested in the frog box . How ready wired up is the BMS in it ? If I have the 3 lipo bricks is it plug n play ready ?

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
The box has been used in a couple of builds. I'm not sure I would use it on another new build though, it's more of a garage spare now. The bike part has a couple of small cracks and it has tyre rub damage. Its nice that is has the battery meter fitted but it's getting a little past it. I just offered it to complete a cheap first build for somebody. If you just want the battery bit, that's fine, but they are not all the same. You could gut it to fill another one though with minor soldering skills. It's 12s though not 36v so you may want a charger... I don't know your actual goal.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
The box has been used in a couple of builds. I'm not sure I would use it on another new build though, it's more of a garage spare now. The bike part has a couple of small cracks and it has tyre rub damage. Its nice that is has the battery meter fitted but it's getting a little past it. I just offered it to complete a cheap first build for somebody. If you just want the battery bit, that's fine, but they are not all the same. You could gut it to fill another one though with minor soldering skills. It's 12s though not 36v so you may want a charger... I don't know your actual goal.
I have a bike I run at 12s and lipo packs so it might have been a nice quick fix. I run BMS less at the moment

But if the connection bracket is broken then it's not for me ,cheers

friendly1uk

Pedelecer
Mar 24, 2013
Yes, the covers are imperfect. It's solid, but not new build kit unless your working to a £100 budget.

I have a 12s from bestech power and a 12s smart but they are new items, there is no cabling. Both have dimensions to suit bricks. The smart is 50mmx120mm iirc, and the bestech 50mm x 60mm and two boards high.

yojimbo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 3, 2016
I'm after a 20" 24v front motor, so this is right up my street, will drop you a pm!