Future bikes

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
Evening all,I'm in a bit of a dilemma and hopefully somebody can help.im looking at the turbo levo fsr comps,but,should I hang fire for next years models ? Do they plan any big changes ? If they do but I don't feel I'll benefit from them then will 2017 prices drop off ??

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Evening all,I'm in a bit of a dilemma and hopefully somebody can help.im looking at the turbo levo fsr comps,but,should I hang fire for next years models ? Do they plan any big changes ? If they do but I don't feel I'll benefit from them then will 2017 prices drop off ??
Just discussing that very point at lbs. Mine retailed at 4K in 2016 and they sold the last 3 off at between 3 and 3.5K so there could be big savings if you wait and go for the previous model.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
If a Levo owning friend of mine is to be believed, he was saying when I last saw him, that the Levo is very much in short supply, with demand out stripping supply. If that is true, then I very much doubt that you will find any end of season/year bargains.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will also be the case if you want a large frame bike as they dont make many of them in the first place esp ebikes.

parts wise seem you get less bang for ur bucks unless you go top end.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
If a Levo owning friend of mine is to be believed, he was saying when I last saw him, that the Levo is very much in short supply, with demand out stripping supply. If that is true, then I very much doubt that you will find any end of season/year bargains.
That's another point they made when I asked about buying a new scott brose..
They don't have any in stock and don't know when they can get one. They say there's a shortage of ebikes...

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the new tesla car is nice ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tey wont be ready till 2018 in the model 3 so a few years yet b4 we can get hold of those.

they just cant make them fast enough as for price ?

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
If they are anything like the solar roof they will probably be cheaper than you think. Must be a reasonably well priced to power an eCar for £30k ish.....
I was having at look at the tesla model x, thinking ahead for next year, but not for me. In reality the car can still only do about 180miles per charge. A long way to go imho.

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
They are starting to become a practical proposition. 180 miles is plenty for most folks day to day needs. Maybe a hire car for those long journeys?
I think it will need a step change for eCars on long trips. The battery packs will have to become standardised units you lease then swap your depleated pack for a charged one at service stations.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I don't get it why people are so keen on replacing fossil fuel with electricity to solve the pollution problem in cities.
If we do so on a large enough scale to solve the pollution problem, something like 3 million vehicles in London, how are we going to recharge them with our existing grid?
The solution is surely to clean the fuel or capture exhaust gases.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't get it why people are so keen on replacing fossil fuel with electricity to solve the pollution problem in cities.
If we do so on a large enough scale to solve the pollution problem, something like 3 million vehicles in London, how are we going to recharge them with our existing grid?
The solution is surely to clean the fuel or capture exhaust gases.
I've raised this problem before, as have many others in the wider world, but it doesn't end with producing enough, the distribution is a new nightmare. Obviously recharge stations replacing current fuel stations would have to use fast charge rates of at least 50 kW even for a 30 minute charge, and that's not fast enough. A typical station charging 8 or more cars at a time would be consuming thousands of amps at 220 volts or 440 volts 3 phase.

Basically what this means is that every recharging station would have to have its own electricity substation with oil cooled transformers, mainly fed from national grid pylons. Where on earth are we to find the space for all this infrastructure?

Nationally it's even more impossible, the conclusion being that we can never achieve or even get close to an all electric car future. Either we choose to continue with fossil fuels or we ditch fully independent private transport in favour of centrally supplied public transport of people and goods. Rail, Light Rail, Trolley Buses etc.

But longer term we need to design different ways and places of living and working that don't entail constant movement over large distances for hours every day. Our current system of wasting from 10 to 20% of our waking lives just in expensive and environmentally damaging moving from A to B is surely rather silly.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I still want one.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
Lots of shops with Levos in stock,the expert has dropped from 5.6k to 5k in a lot of shops and that's only happens this week,the drop in money is nice but I'd happily pay full price on next years model if the battery was bigger or better...however you view it.
The three company's I'm emailing are tredz wheelbase and bikescene...WB and BS are local which I'd prefer because of any warranty issues I may have

Reactions: Eckythump

Related Articles

Advertisers