Future bikes

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
yes that's the model s in ideal conditions at over 100k, the model x is 70k and real mileage is about 180 per charge with the new model 3 at about 30k and same mileage.

Last edited:

chris130256

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 4, 2016
herefordshire
Guy down the road from me has one. I didn't notice the car but did notice his 'tesler' number plate! Braver man than me. The depreciation on that car is scary.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Guy down the road from me has one. I didn't notice the car but did notice his 'tesler' number plate! Braver man than me. The depreciation on that car is scary.
Aren't Teslas holding their price better than any others?

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Aren't Teslas holding their price better than any others?
That doesn't say much though. I had the chance of a six month old Nissan Leaf with hardly any mileage on the clock, including battery for £10,500. It was bought for circa £27,000.

It doesn't take much to better that phenomenal depreciation.

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
That doesn't say much though. I had the chance of a six month old Nissan Leaf with hardly any mileage on the clock, including battery for £10,500. It was bought for circa £27,000.

27k for leaf !!!! No thank you,tin can on wheels

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

I should have said any other cars, not just electric.

cjm_2017

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 18, 2017
cardiff
27k for leaf !!!! No thank you,tin can on wheels
Each to their own, I'm on my second Leaf (this model with the 30kWh pack), and 80,000 miles later I can state categorically that I'll never go back to a combustion powered car as a daily driver.

PCP / hire is the way forward at the low end of the electric car market, at least until the technology stabilises.

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
Each to their own, I'm on my second Leaf (this model with the 30kWh pack), and 80,000 miles later I can state categorically that I'll never go back to a combustion powered car as a daily driver.

PCP / hire is the way forward at the low end of the electric car market, at least until the technology stabilises.
535d msport soon to be upgraded to the 640d,at least until I can afford a hover craft

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
Lots of shops with Levos in stock,the expert has dropped from 5.6k to 5k in a lot of shops and that's only happens this week,the drop in money is nice but I'd happily pay full price on next years model if the battery was bigger or better...however you view it.
The three company's I'm emailing are tredz wheelbase and bikescene...WB and BS are local which I'd prefer because of any warranty issues I may have
Can whole heartedly recommend Bike Scene, a great bunch of guys.

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
Ecky...what's that bike you've posted in the owners thread??looks a little levo has a focus sticker on it....looks very very nice
It's a Focus Jam2. Has a Shimano E8000 motor rather than Brose. It has an inbuilt 380w/HR pack so a little smaller than the competition but it's lighter weight and flick ability is more suited to the sort of riding I do.
I have tried the Levo on a couple of occasions but was not quite the bike for me.

D

Deleted member 4366

The battery packs will have to become standardised units you lease then swap your depleated pack for a charged one at service stations.
Hmmm! I think it might be easier to change cars rather than the battery:

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
It's a Focus Jam2. Has a Shimano E8000 motor rather than Brose. It has an inbuilt 380w/HR pack so a little smaller than the competition but it's lighter weight and flick ability is more suited to the sort of riding I do.
I have tried the Levo on a couple of occasions but was not quite the bike for me.
Yeah ive since seen these bikes,looks very cool

Related Articles

Advertisers