Getech Reliability

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
How reliable are Gtech bikes, and would there be a problem with spares. We have a couple of A2B folders, which are ok. A couple of friends have shown an interest in e bikes, we loaned them ours for a week, but they did not like the small wheels at all. They tried a Batribike full size, weight put them off. The Gtech City and Sports models have taken there fancy, not to heavy, would be able to use on bike rack with batteries removed, and they like the fuss free no gears. I will say the bikes look very tempting, and for what they would use them for should be fine, there both into mid to late 60's, reasonably a bit on the chubby size. The 14 day trial looks a tempting offer, but I'm not sure on spares or reliability, we've had Gtech household / gardening products for years with no problems, but the bikes are something completely different. Any advice appreciated.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How reliable are Gtech bikes, and would there be a problem with spares.
It has all the right attributes for minimum trouble, no gears to fiddle with or get out of adjustment, long life belt drive needing no lubrication or adjustment, straight forward hub motor system.

Gtech or any other bike, the bike parts are standard so always available.

As for the electrical side, the best guarantee of future spares availability is sales volume making spares provision profitable. With Gtech I'd expect the sales to have been very large scale, so little likelyhood of a problem.

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Ok, I've passed thoughts on to them, I think that the may order a city bike on the 14 trial, and should it be ok they will get a City model. Not much chance of them looking on here, they don't use computers at all. Really surprised me when they asked about our A2B bikes.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Ok, I've passed thoughts on to them, I think that the may order a city bike on the 14 trial, and should it be ok they will get a City model. Not much chance of them looking on here, they don't use computers at all. Really surprised me when they asked about our A2B bikes.
Ehhh???

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

denwyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2013
Friends have had a Gtech men's bike a week now, they seem to be getting on with it fine, in fact I believe they are going to buy the lady's model March. I borrowed it today for a 10 mile round trip, nice bike, easy to ride, seems to have plenty of power, relaxed ride with no gear changes and what I liked most was comfort and weight. I would think with battery removed it could be used with fairly standard car bike racks. Only thing I am not sure on is battery life. Apart from that it looks a really nice bike, well put together as well.

Reactions: Gaz and IR772

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I'm just coming up to 700 miles on mine, riden through all sorts as it's my works commuter.

Never missed a beat, as far as a bike goes it's as low maintenance as it gets imho.