Getting back in the saddle

johnander

Just Joined
Dec 8, 2017
dorset
Getting back into saddle after many years of inactivity, going electric seemed the right choice. Was keen to join a group of likeminded people to share experiences and ideas. Currently looking to buy a new hybrid bike so looking for valuable insight. Trying to decide whether to go for hub or crank drive. Front runners are Oxygen S-Cross MTB or the Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro or Cube Acid 400

Reactions: Mountie

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I can only comment on Cube's as that's what I have had/will have.
I brought a Bosch/Cube in 2014 and have covered over 4500 pleasurable smiles, although it's still fun to ride I'm now selling it to buy the acid 500 (like what your looking at but a bigger battery)
The2018 Acid has the all new Bosch 3rd generation motor, as yet unproven but from previous experience I'm going for it.
The specs put the new motor the same power as my current (2014) Cube but with less drag off power and direct drive chain wheel instead of the 2.5:1 internal gearing.
Halfords have switched there new electric bike to this same Bosch motor, perfect for a test ride if you want to see how the Cube will perform :)

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
I bought a cube reaction pro and am very happy with it . Quality is good gear shift smooth and torque from the cx performance motor excellent . A few small changes will make it perfect ( larger front sprocket , kick stand , crud catchers ) I have already added suntour ncx suspension seat post which has improved the ride comfort. Don’t think you can go far wrong with the cube range

Reactions: Mountie

Plodder Bob

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2017
Manchester
It will be worth the wait trust me ! Been out for a Sunday ride for a hour 13 mile covered easily with a good mix of terrain and gradients . I’m falling in love with this cube it’s a great piece of kit . I can highly recommend the suntour ncx suspension seat post I don’t know how long it will last but it makes the bike feel like a full suspension set up for light trial use . Increases the comfort considerably !

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I figure if I get out now it will be easier when the weather finally improves !
There lots of reasons not to stop, it's quicker to lose muscle tone than it is to get it back after a long break, the same goes for the butt to Saddle interface.
I also find that my arthritis thrives on inactiverty, the less I do, the more it hurts ;)