I was looking at reports of 2016 Giant e bike displays only being in kph
Can anyone tell me if the 2017 models displays are able to be changed to mph

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
I was looking at reports of 2016 Giant e bike displays only being in kph
Can anyone tell me if the 2017 models displays are able to be changed to mph
I have a 2016 Giant road e+1 which has a km only display but really it's not much of a problem and there was a HUGE saving on this bike over the 2017 model which I was informed has a changeable display. (But don't take my word check with your retailer)
You could always fit a cycle computer or a Garmin and still be many hundreds of pounds better off.

Hargreaves Cycles
2016 Road e+1 £2300
2017 Road e+1 £3200

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Yes but dont forget that you would be buying a discounted 2016 bike. You have to pay a premium f you want the latest kit.
Do you really believe that the new model is £900 better than yours ?

So; MPH on the display, colour changing paint, two batteries, cocktail cabinet.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Do you really believe that the new model is £900 better than yours ?

So; MPH on the display, colour changing paint, two batteries, cocktail cabinet.
No I dont, and I think you are missing my point.. I bought mine when they were first offered for sale in the UK it was £2750. So you are now comparing a discounted year old 2016 model to the latest one which is £450 more than I paid, but considerably more than the discounted price of the year old bike.. Its the same with any bike is it not?

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I can't leave a horrible post like that up

I only posted to see if Gubbins would bite.

Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I return to the point:

Do you really believe that the new model is £900 better than yours, which is the old model ?

I realise you have lost a packet on your bike which is now an old model very much superseded by the latest very updated model.

In fact your bike is now so outdated I am surprised they kept the name the same for the new model

Try not to be so bitter about the huge difference in the new machine to yours I can see that you would only want the new bike, everyone else does.

That's why yours is so heavily discounted which is an even bigger hit for you to take on the part exchange value, sorry.
Not bitter at all.. re- reading my posts I dont know where you got that from...
1/ There is no part exchange value as most bike shops dont do it..
2/ If it was a problem I would just sell it on ebay cheap and buy another.
3/ I think the 2017 bike is exactly the same but with a different display module
which I thought was Bluetooth enabled but not sure about that and wont know until someone buys one and tells us.
4/ I have never been worried or upset about loosing a few quid on deals thats just life!!
In fact I traded my car in at Christmas for 10K less than I paid for it 3 years ago, and the new one lost 5K as I drove it out of the showroom (well, truthfully they wouldn't let me actually drive it out) so ..
But back to the case in hand..
The question wasn't was I feeling bitter and twisted because my display is in KMS, and would I trade up the the new model, it was would I buy the latest one for £900 more than last years, and Yes I would!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Each to their own. :) If both models were virtually the same spec, but one was a year older. I'd probably go for the older one myself. Mainly because I plan to ride it hard and it would be equally as battered in a month or so, at any price.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ and IR772

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
Not bitter at all.. re- reading my posts I dont know where you got that from...
1/ There is no part exchange value as most bike shops dont do it..
2/ If it was a problem I would just sell it on ebay cheap and buy another.
3/ I think the 2017 bike is exactly the same but with a different display module
which I thought was Bluetooth enabled but not sure about that and wont know until someone buys one and tells us.
4/ I have never been worried or upset about loosing a few quid on deals thats just life!!
In fact I traded my car in at Christmas for 10K less than I paid for it 3 years ago, and the new one lost 5K as I drove it out of the showroom (well, truthfully they wouldn't let me actually drive it out) so ..
But back to the case in hand..
The question wasn't was I feeling bitter and twisted because my display is in KMS, and would I trade up the the new model, it was would I buy the latest one for £900 more than last years, and Yes I would!
You did bite, what a relief!

LeighPing has the right idea

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
You did bite, what a relief!

LeighPing has the right idea
That's what fishing is all about.. tbh i was a bit worried you were having a meltdown...[emoji56]
I have to add this tho.
It's a cracking bike.. the best I have ever owned and I would recommend it to anyone however much the cost or what model..

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I dream of one without a speedo... :rolleyes:

Related Articles

Advertisers