Giant 2017 Yamaha motor

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Hi, been enjoying my 2017 full e and using turbo less and less but now I'm using eco more I've noticed it's considerably more noisy compared to normal and turbo. Has anyone else noticed this or should I consider contacting giant

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Don't think you have anything to worry about, mine and my mates are just the same and we both have the Yamaha drive

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
I think it's just the Yamaha drive got 1500 miles on my bike and must of it in the woods and it rides fine.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Normally when in ECO mode you use a lower gear, which means spinning and less torque being applied. The lighter pressure and higher speed might be the reason for the noise increase.
Shouldn't be an issue unless the noise is like metal grinding with notchy loose pedal action.
Whirrey smooth is ok.

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
Normally when in ECO mode you use a lower gear, which means spinning and less torque being applied. The lighter pressure and higher speed might be the reason for the noise increase.
Shouldn't be an issue unless the noise is like metal grinding with notchy loose pedal action.
Whirrey smooth is ok.
Its not so much a grinding noise. Just load motor noise. Its almost silent in normal and turbo mode

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I'll stop worrying and be glad I'm getting fitter and put up with the noise. Been commuting a bit on it. 15 miles out on eco and spoiling myself to a bit of power on the return

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I was, turbo is really quite powerful but welcome for shooting down the chippy and getting home with hot food. Using eco more now to help shed a few pounds I've collected due to back injury and meds. Not sure if second battery is my next purchase or going for a better rear shock, not overly impressed with what's on it.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Looking at E+1 next to E+2, the fox front and rear suspension, dropper post and extra 100 Wh battery made the extra £600 worth it.
For what I need Rock Shox or Fox is a must.

argoose

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2017
south wales
Brother had a SR Suntour on his cube, rattled his fillings on the fire roads. upgraded to Rock Shox Reba and transformed the ride quality.
He said no regrets spending the £500 for new fork

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
If I could have had the +1 for £2600 I may have gone for it. Front suntour ain't too bad, although would consider the fox 36 if one dropped in my lap. Its the rear that annoys me. What rear shock comes on the +1?

Related Articles

Advertisers