Giant EnergyPak (panasonic) - Push button (lightning bolt)

roborobo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 20, 2011
Quick question ...
With a Giant EnergyPak (energypak 400 ) if you press the battery button (lightning bolt) it shows the current charge status, but I have found if I press and hold the button for about 7 secs it shows two different sets of indication lights ... does anyone know what these are informing me of and what the different patterns (on /off/ flashing ) mean ? (possibly the number of charge cycles used and what the battery % full charge capacity is ?)

Thanks
Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Quick question ...
With a Giant EnergyPak (energypak 400 ) if you press the battery button (lightning bolt) it shows the current charge status, but I have found if I press and hold the button for about 7 secs it shows two different sets of indication lights ... does anyone know what these are informing me of and what the different patterns (on /off/ flashing ) mean ? (possibly the number of charge cycles used and what the battery % full charge capacity is ?)

Thanks
Mark
I want to know too! Well, once I have checked mine does that as well. :)

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I don't know about your Giant battery specifically, but Phylion (who make e-bike batteries for many brands) use this system that may (or may not!) be similar to yours:

A quick button press shows "State of Charge" based on voltage.

A 10 second press shows "State of Health" where one flashing LED is below 60% capacity remaining (i.e. battery cells are virtually life expired) to all 5 LED's flashing is better than 90% capacity remaining (i.e. cells are as good as new).

A 30 second press flashes the first two LED's before shutting the battery down after 60 seconds ("Sleep Mode").

If with just a quick press you get LED 5 steady and one other LED flashing, it means battery error: LED 1) over temp, 2) cell overvolt, 3) faulty cell, 4) faulty charging MOSFET.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc and oyster

Related Articles

Advertisers