Giant vs trek

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
for a difference of 150 quid id get the one you like as not much in it bar the different motors.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Leaning towards the giant
Gaint has 27.5+ rims/wheels and better fork. Two most important items if planning to use it for MTBing occasionally.

Frame fit is still number one deciding factor. Make sure you do a 1-2hr test ride.

Reactions: Nolan

Nolan

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2018
Gaint has 27.5+ rims/wheels and better fork. Two most important items if planning to use it for MTBing occasionally.

Frame fit is still number one deciding factor. Make sure you do a 1-2hr test ride.
Thanks wasn't sure about which forks are better.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I nearly bought that giant when i was looking for a bike
A few reasons i didnt was i didnt like the fit and finish of the battery and the top tube length was a bit short for me also the top tube is a bit thin in the flesh but thats a visual thing not a fault
One other thing is that there battery isnt a standard item so its theres or nothing else

You need to see them both really thou in the flesh
If not really study the frame geometry and go from there
There both good bikes in general thou so you wouldn't go far wrong with either but visually at least i would go trek its more subtle :)

• Useful
Reactions: Nolan

Nolan

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2018
I nearly bought that giant when i was looking for a bike
A few reasons i didnt was i didnt like the fit and finish of the battery and the top tube length was a bit short for me also the top tube is a bit thin in the flesh but thats a visual thing not a fault
One other thing is that there battery isnt a standard item so its theres or nothing else

You need to see them both really thou in the flesh
If not really study the frame geometry and go from there
There both good bikes in general thou so you wouldn't go far wrong with either but visually at least i would go trek its more subtle :)
What was up with battery finish? I rather like the loud orange :)

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
What was up with battery finish? I rather like the loud orange :)
The overall finish of the battery and it’s holder was a bit plastic looking up close and ultimately looked to bulky compared to the top tube

It rode well enough just felt a bit cramped for me
As with any bike you need to look in person it might be the one for you
I was having it 100% until I saw it in person but we’re all different

Last edited: