Give it a grease up..lol

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Well I've been riding for a few weeks now and thought it was time for a checkup. Anyway I've found the a few adjustments were required but while I was taking the chain ring off for another job I would check the grease situation
Well I'm not sure but it looks a little on the dry side. And I have found it tobe a little noisier as of late..it's a very simple process you just have to make sure you don't over tighten those little screws holding the plastic cover on..I was supprised to find that there was some grit behind the plastic cover but that little and I do mean little gasket that's attached to the cover is supposed to keep the crap out..well worth a check every now and then. I've been out and road tested it and it seems quiet compared to before..LOVIN THE EBiKE ThIng..

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
You'll find that grease disappears inside the BB housing and eventually makes its way out of the opposite side. Hasn't seemed to affect operation of my BBS02, so I've just been piling more grease in there every 500 miles or so.

Agree, the cover is a weak point :(

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
What grease did you use? Anything special?

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
  • Informative
Reactions: awol and JPGiant