Go to work on a Pineapple! Wisper Folder sneak preview.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Don't forget the Wisper Cube...

• :D
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • :D
Reactions: Wheel-E

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
My worry Tony is the two words together. Whisper is to speak with a very quiet voice or Shhhh.... do you see where I am going with this? The Wisper IT? My competition would have a feild day! :eek:
Wisper it. could also mean it's so good, you don't need to shout it from the rooftops. :)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Back onto my animal theme. As Lynx has already gone.

You have two new bikes Wildcat and Wolf .So you need something beginning with a W. Small powerful with a sting in the tail How about the Wisper Wasp.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Back onto my animal theme. As Lynx has already gone.

You have two new bikes Wildcat and Wolf .So you need something beginning with a W. Small powerful with a sting in the tail How about the Wisper Wasp.
+1 :)

• Agree
Reactions: VictoryV

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I think for aesthetics with the name Wasp , colour scheme would ideal need to be similar. Like early Fords only available in Black and in this case with yellow decals.

The play on words suggestion is a good name ' Wisper IT ' or ' Moth' sounds good.

Paint finish can be personal for me gloss tends to look cheap, where as satin finished to a good standard looks classy.

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
I'm late to the thread, but I'd like to see it folded, please.

Also, the black theme is somewhat broken up by the seatpost. Can't you get one of those in black too? The only downside is the zig-zagging that you might get if there's a pinch point in the seat tube.

As for naming, Wisper Noir, Wisper Faldi (Esperanto for 'fold'), Wisper Zhé (Chinese for 'fold'); Wisper Bear (as in to carry & the animal), Wisper Origami (although that might already have been used & I'd be surprised if it hadn't!).

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
We are still finalising the fold but this is where we are at the moment, the stem folds down too if course.

We will be using earth magnets to lock the bike folded.

The main extrusions and mouldings have now been ordered more than 30 of them! So we will have ridable prototypes in about 4 weeks. The frame paint design is being worked on now.

DEFDA0EA-D064-4B78-ABDF-085C33CCE69C.jpeg AEFE11E2-A04E-4E71-A9A0-46BD79A1844B.jpeg 1691F119-147E-43EE-86D4-35BF2048AE83.jpeg

Jason P

Pedelecer
Apr 22, 2014
How about an adjustable stem a la Tern? I always find the bars perched atop the steerer less than ideal handling wise. My Kudos has bent bars, and the small offset this gives (so the turning moment of the bar is not directly on the steerer) makes a difference to stability. Other than that I like it... nice clean design.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I'd be interested if a cargo rack could easily be mounted on it to carry passenger. With the bike geometry it seems possible.

And also it would need to easily roll once folded because the tfl guys accept only bike folded inside, but even at 12kg walking 10min to cross the witvarious platfotm and stairs is way too much

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
How about an adjustable stem a la Tern? I always find the bars perched atop the steerer less than ideal handling wise. My Kudos has bent bars, and the small offset this gives (so the turning moment of the bar is not directly on the steerer) makes a difference to stability. Other than that I like it... nice clean design.
Thanks Jason, there will be a choice of three stems. Standard which leans forward and is quite high, Sport which is shorter and leans forward and finaly telescopic. All the best, David

Reactions: Jason P

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I'd be interested if a cargo rack could easily be mounted on it to carry passenger. With the bike geometry it seems possible.

And also it would need to easily roll once folded because the tfl guys accept only bike folded inside, but even at 12kg walking 10min to cross the witvarious platfotm and stairs is way too much
Hi CWAH, the bike will not be suitable to carry a child of more than 25kg. We are concentrating on mobility whilst folded. It will be very easy.

All the best, David

Reactions: cwah

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Hi CWAH, the bike will not be suitable to carry a child of more than 25kg. We are concentrating on mobility whilst folded. It will be very easy.

All the best, David
So are you going to create a cargo rack extension? With the right motor it could even carry adult tbh!

It could be a quite nice module and tap into a new market.