Gocycle Internals

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4366

In case anybody is wondering what's inside a Gocycle mk2 chain-case, here's a photo. I repaired this one for someone. It needed a new servo to operate the auto gear-shifting. Interestingly, it's a normal R/C servo like they use in aeroplanes, cars and robots. It was fairly straight-forward to install. Gocycle provided a step-by-step photo guide, though I would have figured it out on my own as there was nothing complicated.

Interestingly, the chain-wheel is separate to the crank. the two pedal arms are fixed to the square tapers, but the chain-wheel is turned by 8 steel pins that join it to the pedal arm to allow the arm to be assembled after the chain-case cover,

I love this bike, especially the mk2 with the progressive throttle button. If you ever get the chance, have a go on one. they're an absolute hoot, especially if you get whoever to turn the power and speed up.Gocycle.jpg

Kendalian

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2016
Cumbria
Hi d8veh, I notice the bike has folding pedals - do you know what make they are and if they are any good? I am looking for a set to get my bike in the rear compartment of the campervan - easier than having to take them off each time.

Kendalian

D

Deleted member 4366

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How do you oil the chain?
if the chain does not get dirty in the first place, there is no need to oil it for the next 10 years.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 4366

How do you oil the chain?
If you look at that black thing by my foot, it must be a removeable plug for checking the chain tension. You have access to the chain there if you wanted to oil it, but as Woosh said, covered chains last a lot longer.

D

Deleted member 4366

After reading another thread (or two), I was thinking about that motor. It's very powerful yet tiny. We were racing around Redbridge on a pack of these bikes. I'm 100kg, but the speed was in the mid 20s a lot of the time.

It's a shame that we can't use this motor, or a derivative, on other bikes. It would be perfect for the E-Brompton, but they're a competitor to Gocycle. Brompton could at least learn a lot from that motor and make their own version.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
does it look like a hub motor with internal hub gear to you?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that is one very elegant motor.

• Agree
Reactions: VictoryV