Good mud tyres for a Haibike Fullnine

Myles Barnett

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 28, 2016
OX9
Hi All,

I'm thinking of putting some big mud loving tyres (2.4) on my full sus 29er but Ive noticed the clearance is already quite tight, especially on the rear with my smart sam plus's (2.1, they feel great on road but very slippery in mud).

Any recommendations? (I'm also thinking of getting a second set of wheels). I always feel more comfortable with good puncture protection.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi All,

I'm thinking of putting some big mud loving tyres (2.4) on my full sus 29er but Ive noticed the clearance is already quite tight, especially on the rear with my smart sam plus's (2.1, they feel great on road but very slippery in mud).

Any recommendations? (I'm also thinking of getting a second set of wheels). I always feel more comfortable with good puncture protection.

Cheers,

Chris
Go tubeless on a set of super gravity magic Marys? You won't look back, except to see the bikes you pass who are stuck struggling behind you ;)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
CRC were doing offers on Maxxis tyres plus an additional 10% off at the checkout using the offer code on the web page.

Myles Barnett

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 28, 2016
OX9
Thanks for the replys, excuse my ignorance and misconceptions but a couple of questions:

1. Wouldn't a smaller tyre wheelspin more? (Im a 19st guy)
  2. Tubeless I like the idea of but do I need new wheels (good excuse to go tubless)?
  3. Does tubeless puncture more?

Cheers,

Chris

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The widest I use is 2.1 though currently have a 1.9 on the rear and 2.25 tyre on the front.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Maybe come June.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Wouldn't a smaller tyre wheelspin more? (Im a 19st guy)
  1. Tubeless I like the idea of but do I need new wheels (good excuse to go tubless)?
  2. Does tubeless puncture more?
I used to think the same way. My 2.35 Magic Mary's slip and slide through the mire. Whereas my cheap 1.9 tyres hold up quite well through it, as shown in this video. I have slime inner tubes. But I'd say that they probably puncture equally as much. :)

DSC00667.JPG

DSC00588.JPG

Reactions: I Am Jon and IR772

Related Articles

Advertisers