Good Places to Try Electric Bikes in London?

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Ciao,

I'm heading up to London next week to see a bunch of people, as well as trying out lots of electric bikes. Besides 50cycles (firming up with them atm), are there any dealers you'd really recommend to go and see?

Cheers,

Ed

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah - I had a look at them. Its a bit more awkward to get to, but I'm staying in Clapham for the week. Its doable just a pain!

Possibly not so much space to try e-bikes out in Camden?
E Bikes direct have there new shop in Battersea just minutes away from Clapham

Electric Bikes London - eBikes Direct

C

Cyclezee

Hi Ed,

To be honest, London is not the best place if you are shopping for an electric bike.
If you are planning to spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on a bike, it is worth travelling to someone like Onbike in Kidderminster and 50cycles main site in Loughborough. You will be able to try several different makes and models at one visit.

J:) hn

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
yeah, just be careful when walking through Battersea, not the best place to walk, particularly at night :)
Battersea park is just down the road and lovely....

donnoirf

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2010
KINGS NORTON BIRMINGHAM

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
you could try Spencer Ivy, there don't seem to be any real life reviews of that. they are in the docklands

Donna
Not to put Spencer Ivy down, but it's a further name for the German Derby Cycles gmbh Panasonic motored brand, so called "badge engineering".

As such it's another Kalkhoff/Raleigh, so just trying at 50cycles effectively covers the riding experience of all three "makes".

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
Not to put Spencer Ivy down, but it's a further name for the German Derby Cycles gmbh Panasonic motored brand, so called "badge engineering".

As such it's another Kalkhoff/Raleigh, so just trying at 50cycles effectively covers the riding experience of all three "makes".
And we're also the first place with the new 2011 Oxygen Emate and Diva bikes, for the twist-and-go fans, with a hill running past the shop all the way to Richmond Park, or the Thames path in the other direction.

glynavocet

Just Joined
Nov 24, 2010
manchester
places to view e-bikes

I would advise visiting: -
E-Bikesdirect London
14 Ingate Place
Battersea
London
SW8 3N

They have a large range of bikes and are very competativley priced.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Yeah - I had a look at them. Its a bit more awkward to get to, but I'm staying in Clapham for the week. Its doable just a pain!

Possibly not so much space to try e-bikes out in Camden?
Plenty of space as the roads round there are hilly and relatively light on traffic, they also have quite a range of bikes to try. Shame it's so far from any tube stations.
Hills are useful for testing if that's a big reason for getting an ebike, 50cycles probably have the steepest locally, the ones in Camden are reasonable but you won't find any in the Docklands (unless you go through the tunnel to Greenwich where you can try Maize hill or the park) and I can't think of any in Battersea.