Gopro alternatives

Ricky 88

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 10, 2018
South east
Had some fool try and take me out today. Was filtering through standstill traffic and got in front of a car which then overtook me really close so I tapped his car with my foot as he was going by. He then decided to brake check me which was fun. He then pulled up outside his house which was about 50m down the road so I approached him and he got really aggressive and tried to push me over and broke my kick stand on my bike.

I've reported it all to the police but I'm thinking of getting a camera now as I can see this sort of thing happening again and as it stands I know it's just gonna be my word against his

Any recommendations?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Ricky 88

Paultr

Pedelecer
Nov 27, 2015
I can second the SJcam range - I have two of their cameras and they are excellent. Another contender that some say are better are GitHub. There are good owners opinions on Rcgroups. This is a model forum but these cameras are used for aerial photography. https://www.rcgroups.com/aerial-photography-128/

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
A third here for the SJCam - I have an M20. On all the time I'm riding.

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: BillyBoy88

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Had some fool try and take me out today. Was filtering through standstill traffic and got in front of a car which then overtook me really close so I tapped his car with my foot as he was going by. He then decided to brake check me which was fun. He then pulled up outside his house which was about 50m down the road so I approached him and he got really aggressive and tried to push me over and broke my kick stand on my bike.

I've reported it all to the police but I'm thinking of getting a camera now as I can see this sort of thing happening again and as it stands I know it's just gonna be my word against his

Any recommendations?
You now know where he lives. Have you thought about buying 5 litres of red emulsion paint and a funnel instread of the camera? Nip back during the night and pour the whole can through his letterbox, you’ll get a greater degree of satisfaction than going to the police with your footage.

SJ Cam are great cameras, but after reading reviews I went for the GitUP. I don’t use it on the bike, I just prefer to forget about it if someone buzzes too close to me. If they offer violence, guerrilla warfare tactics and dirty fighting are your best options.