Green Bike Kit purchases, delivery, reliability?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I e-mailed them and asked whether the 'UK Dedicated Line [Arrival time:4-6 Days]' delivery service is a customs free service. Anna replied yes, but I'd like to hear from anyone who have used the dedicated line on a high value item, whether this is the case or not.

The 'Europe via United Kingdom' states it's a customs free delivery route too, so I may just get a bare bones motor to replace mine. That way I'll receive a BBS02B with all the mods, plus I won't have the issue that the clutch unit may not be compatible with my older model BBS02.

Last edited:

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
Having seen your link i looked at what they have as my next build is going to be based on BBS, but i have just seen the line below in the notes section - does anyone know what a "long Time" is measured as?

"Note: This kit cannot be used for long time upihll climbling, otherwise the controller will be burned according to Bafang"

https://www.greenbikekit.com/bafang-8fun-bbs-kits-and-spare-parts/48v-bbs02b-bbshd-kits/bafang-8fun-mid-crank-driving-bbs02b-kit-48v-500w-750w-central-driven-motor-kit.html

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
"Note: This kit cannot be used for long time upihll climbling, otherwise the controller will be burned according to Bafang"
Sounds a bit strange when the main point for me at least is hill climbing

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Having seen your link i looked at what they have as my next build is going to be based on BBS, but i have just seen the line below in the notes section - does anyone know what a "long Time" is measured as?

https://www.greenbikekit.com/bafang-8fun-bbs-kits-and-spare-parts/48v-bbs02b-bbshd-kits/bafang-8fun-mid-crank-driving-bbs02b-kit-48v-500w-750w-central-driven-motor-kit.html
Don't worry, the BBS series of motors can climb mega steep hills all day, as long as you get the gearing right. Fitting a 42T chainring is a good start. I tend to climb very steep hills with the lowest gear on the cassette and 'ghost pedal', as the cadence is too high for my little legs to keep up :D

BTW, I don't have a throttle fitted, which is why I need to 'ghost pedal'

Blunderbuss

Pedelecer
Mar 11, 2018
Cambridge
It seemed a somewhat surprising thing to say. I am interested in what you say about getting the gearing right. I have an rpm reading on my current rear hub setup and it reckons i am doing about 50 to 60 RPM on the flat, and anywhere between 55 and 75 RPM up hills, does that sound okay for a centre drive. I have seen posts talking about if you are not in the "sweet spot" then the performance/battery life can be poor.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
It seemed a somewhat surprising thing to say. I am interested in what you say about getting the gearing right. I have an rpm reading on my current rear hub setup and it reckons i am doing about 50 to 60 RPM on the flat, and anywhere between 55 and 75 RPM up hills, does that sound okay for a centre drive. I have seen posts talking about if you are not in the "sweet spot" then the performance/battery life can be poor.
I ride my BBS02 for drivetrain longevity, rather than performance or battery life.

You get used to riding a BBS where the motor is happy i.e spinning fast. Sometimes that requires a period of 'ghost pedalling'. If you have a throttle fitted, then no need to pedal, but for the motor to be happy on a steep hill, you would need to pedal like the clappers if you want human assistance too.

BBS motors/controllers don't like to be bogged down, but you'll get used to it.

Furthermore, you can buy a programming cable for these units and tune it to your liking!

Reactions: Blunderbuss

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Has anyone ordered anything recently from Green Bike Kit and used the 'UK Dedicated Line [Arrival time:4-6 Days]' delivery service?

I'd like to get a heads up on the reliability of ordering something from them and using a fairly fast delivery service. The item I want is non battery:

https://www.greenbikekit.com/bafang-8fun-mid-crank-motor-clutch-for-replacement.html

Any relevant experiences on ordering from them would be much appreciated ;)
I ordered replacement nylon gears together with their clutch plate for a bafang rear hub. Apart from a delay caused by questions about the clutch model which wasted a week of emails and pics going to and fro.. they are 7 hours ahead of us?...the actual time from ordering to arrival of parcel was 8 days using RMS2 I think it was. (6-8 days stated) This was a Royal Mail delivery. No extra payment...duty etc required but this was for 3 nylon gear wheels only in the end about £13 worth plus the air freight.

• Informative
Reactions: Fordulike

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I ordered a rubber seal for my bbs01b and they sent me one for a M250... they then sent me a replacement for the bbs01b, but it wasn't made of rubber - it's made out of some stiffer material which is easier to install (the original rubber version is very floppy and needs to be lightly glued into place)... how well it will do the job of keeping water out of the motor, I won't discover, until my existing motor controller burns out sometime and I swap it out for the spare controller that I have in storage.