Green Commute Initiative

Cumbrian Cyclist

Just Joined
May 7, 2017
Carlisle
Hi

I am looking to buy an electric bike under a salary sacrifice scheme. My employers may be interested but think there may be too much paperwork for a small company with Cyclescheme.

I have noticed that there is a new kid on the block called 'Green Commute Initiative': https://greencommuteinitiative.uk/.

Does anyone have any experience with Green Commute and is there any advice about the benefits or drawbacks of Cyclescheme?

I do hope that I can work something out with my employers to make an electric bike more affordable.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi,

We have worked with the Green Commute for over a year and can confirm they are great to deal with. It's all very simple, just call them and they will do all the work for you including contacting your employer. Dealers like them as they only charge 5% not 10% plus as most others.

More information here...

https://wisperbikes.com/green-commute-initiative/

Highly recommended!

All the best, David

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
Not only cheaper for dealers but also cheaper for the customers. There is no 7% Bike value final payment to make. Just £1!

They really do make the whole process simple, easy and cost effective compared to other schemes.

If you would like to try out a few E Bikes we are not too far away from you in Whitehaven.

Richard

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
As mentioned above, the Green Commute Initiative is a great scheme to work with!

The main benefit being no £1000.00 price limit!

We do accept a number of different schemes, lots of info on the different ones is available on our website - https://www.rutlandcycling.com/content/cycle-to-work-at-rutland-cycling.aspx

The Green Commute Initiative would be our preference if you are looking at electric bikes.

Do let us know if you have any questions on the schemes and we will be happy to help!

Many thanks,
Luke

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Cumbrian Cyclist

Just Joined
May 7, 2017
Carlisle
Thanks for all your help. I was able to get to Powerbikes yesterday and was blown away by Richard's welcome and helpfulness. I fell in love with the Kudos Eiger - now it's up to my employer to see if they will go with GCI. I will let you know!

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
Happy I could help! Keep me posted how you get on with your employer. If there is anything else I can do to help out just let me know.

Richard

Cumbrian Cyclist

Just Joined
May 7, 2017
Carlisle
Hi Everyone, I have had my bike for 6 months and want to say how much I love my Kudos Eiger! Richard from Powerbikes was tremendously helpful and sorted out early teething problems with no drama at all. I strongly recommend him.

The bike has a lovely sturdy feel and tremendous power when I need it. I have no problem getting up Cumbrian hills! Just one thought. Total mileage is also dependent on the power needed to get up hills. So I do realise after being very active getting up hills that the power can get low sooner than I expect! I have put the charger in my bag on occasions and charged the bike at my destination.

The Kudos Eiger has given me confidence to explore more widely and to get through traffic without any problems. I have now reached 330 miles and am just getting into my stride!

I cannot praise Green Commute Initiative highly enough. They emailed me the necessary forms with all the guidance needed. Once my employer paid for the bike, GCI emailed the salary sacrifice arrangements so my employers are very happy - no paperwork for them! Even after the bike is paid for, GCI loan it to me and I actually get the bike properly after 6 years. This means I do not have to pay the extra amount for the bike that Inland Revenue demands at the end of the usual cycle-to-work agreement. Green Commute Initiative have thought it through very carefully and are certainly worth looking into.