GreenEdge cs2

ResidentGeek

Just Joined
Oct 2, 2016
Leeds
The ones that fit to the rear hub don't fit directly because they,re designed for 10mm axles rather than your 12mm one. Easily solved by drilling the fixing plate.

The best trailers are the single wheeled Bob Yak clones that you can buy on Ebay for about £50 - £60. This type:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/sNEW-SINGLE-WHEEL-BICYCLE-BIKE-TRAILER-STORAGE-BAG-SHOCK-ABSORPTION-ONE-WHEEL-/302092999011?hash=item4656255963:g:i6MAAOSwmfhX79zH

Again you have to make adapters. You need two small plates about 2" long with a 12mm hole in one end and a 10 mm hole in the other. The trailer hooks onto two ball-pins that you bolt to the 10mm hole. The other end is fixed to your axle behind the wheel nuts. The ball-pins are designed to replace normal 10mm wheel nuts.
Thanks for that d8veh :)

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
My problem was having enough thread on the axle after adding the trailer hitch. The hole was drilled out as above and I also drilled a countersunk hole for the nut about 2 mm deep to get some more hold on the axle.

If I was to start from scratch I would mount the hitch to the frame and not the axle. I have a cheap kickstand which mounts to seat stay and chain stay which wold be an ideal start for a custom mounting point.

Reactions: ResidentGeek

Jips1971

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 7, 2016
Neath
Just thought I would write a little update on my bike

Had it 12 months now, and on the whole still going strong except for 2 niggles

1. The battery holder - after about 387 miles, it doesn't hold the battery as well as it should. It knocks badly when going over bumps etc. Can probably some it with either some small rubber pads or zip ties.
2. I used to get really 20 miles normal riding, but now only manage around 10-11 before I get a little worried about only having one bar left. This may be because the battery has been stored and charged in the garage (chilly but dry) or it is degrading some other way (point 1 possibly)

Going to give e-bikes a call in the week and see what they have to say, but will probably end up buying a new battery anyway and use the old one as a reserve for the longer rides.

Still very happy with it. Chain has popped off a couple of times but that happens and easy to put back on.
Mrs has now bought a e-bike for Xmas to join me on my rides.

Ps. It was bloomin child this morning and I forgot my gloves!!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Just thought I would write a little update on my bike

Had it 12 months now, and on the whole still going strong except for 2 niggles

1. The battery holder - after about 387 miles, it doesn't hold the battery as well as it should. It knocks badly when going over bumps etc. Can probably some it with either some small rubber pads or zip ties.
2. I used to get really 20 miles normal riding, but now only manage around 10-11 before I get a little worried about only having one bar left. This may be because the battery has been stored and charged in the garage (chilly but dry) or it is degrading some other way (point 1 possibly)

Going to give e-bikes a call in the week and see what they have to say, but will probably end up buying a new battery anyway and use the old one as a reserve for the longer rides.

Still very happy with it. Chain has popped off a couple of times but that happens and easy to put back on.
Mrs has now bought a e-bike for Xmas to join me on my rides.

Ps. It was bloomin child this morning and I forgot my gloves!!

Your PS is worrying.. hopefully you had intended to say chilly. Otherwise we might need to call the police.

• :D
Reactions: Croxden

Jips1971

Jan 7, 2016
Neath
Got to love autocorrect

It was cold. None of my kids wanted to come with me, electing to go shopping with their mother.

Still reckon I had the best deal

Rebecca

Just Joined
Jan 19, 2017
Bristol
So after a very small amount of digging i figured out de-restricting this bike's (green edge CS2) top speed is so easy it's beyond laughable. The instructions on how to do it come WITH THE BIKE. Though i doubt they noticed. If you have the version with the back-lit display and 3 buttons to the left of it can be done in under a minute. Power it on. double press the power button and you're into the options menu so to speak. press power to cycle trough the options until you see PS and 0000 at the bottom of the screen. Use + - and the power buttons to enter 1919 (default password) and press power to confirm. you can then use the + to change from 25 to 45 kph or lower if the bike is for a younger person. i just checked and my bike now goes 20 mph with the throttle. Clearly limited by their motor/battery. I'm going to change it back because i don't know the long term effects on the battery but it's a joke that all i did was follow the instructions that came with the bike to achieve this. It wan't even hidden. there is a "change top speed" part and all i did was what it said. Need proof. NO PROBLEM:
Hi James,

I recently bought a CS2 and I am loving it even with the restrictions on.

The photocopied bundle of instructions that came with it had no mention of speed restriction settings (so it looks like they got wise to that), but I followed your instructions and I got straight into the admin mode just like you said.

However it appeared that it was already set to the 45kph setting, even though the pedal assist definitely cuts out at 16 mph and the thumb throttle barely gets me to 5mph.

Do you have any more advice or are there any other settings you may have tweaked? Even just a translation of what the other heavily abbreviated settings mean would be handy.

Elboy

Just Joined
Jun 22, 2017
London
I have used my bike for 15 months now and it still running perfectly.
I have clocked up 470 miles.
I love the bike and well worth the money

Jips1971

Jan 7, 2016
Neath
I reckon I have clocked up over 800 miles now
I have bought a spare battery and regularly go in excess of 30 miles.

Just changed the tyres to more mountain bikey type
Brakes looked good, just needed tightening up

Only real issue is the front forks. They wobble under braking. I think with the poor weather I may be taking it apart this weekend to see if I can fix them.

I reckon my battery performance issue stated in earlier post was me having it set too high power settings. Reverted back and am back to my normal 18-20 miles comfortably

James Bruce

Dec 22, 2015
Hi James,

I recently bought a CS2 and I am loving it even with the restrictions on.

The photocopied bundle of instructions that came with it had no mention of speed restriction settings (so it looks like they got wise to that), but I followed your instructions and I got straight into the admin mode just like you said.

However it appeared that it was already set to the 45kph setting, even though the pedal assist definitely cuts out at 16 mph and the thumb throttle barely gets me to 5mph.

Do you have any more advice or are there any other settings you may have tweaked? Even just a translation of what the other heavily abbreviated settings mean would be handy.
I Got a new one in January this year and the design of a few things has changed. for one the battery now sort of side loads instead of clipping in. Which is better because my old Cs2 battery controller was getting beaten up by the battery and the plastic at the top cracked. The new one seems a lot more secure.

as for the restriction. The password still works but yes the settings are no longer the same. I have no idea what i did (I pressed a load of buttons) but my bike now thinks i'm going 1.6 mph all the time. Which has the effect of removing the restriction. If you don't mind this let me know and i'll PM you the settings. In return if you could send me the default settings i might be able to figure out exactly which change worked as i foolishly did not record the defaults.

Fred8890

Just Joined
Jul 28, 2018
I Got a new one in January this year and the design of a few things has changed. for one the battery now sort of side loads instead of clipping in. Which is better because my old Cs2 battery controller was getting beaten up by the battery and the plastic at the top cracked. The new one seems a lot more secure.

as for the restriction. The password still works but yes the settings are no longer the same. I have no idea what i did (I pressed a load of buttons) but my bike now thinks i'm going 1.6 mph all the time. Which has the effect of removing the restriction. If you don't mind this let me know and i'll PM you the settings. In return if you could send me the default settings i might be able to figure out exactly which change worked as i foolishly did not record the defaults.
Hey James, Did you ever find anyone to exchange with? If not I can share my original settings if you like? I'd like to work out how derestrict it, so let me know?

DeeBee

Jul 30, 2019
Hi, I recently bought a second hand Greenedge CS2 ebike with an Intelligent brand LCD controller and 36V 9Ah battery. Although I am very happy with the bike I suspect it’s capabilities do not comply with UK law i.e. the motor does not cut out at 15mph (25kph) but higher (around 20mph) and also the “walk mode” on the thumb throttle is not limited at all to 4mph but more like 20mph ! I have found I can achieve the 4mph walk limit by using the ”-” button on the LCD controller. I would like to return the controller to it's original settings for the bike but I don't know what they should be. Grateful if anyone can PM me the details.

Thanks in advance.

Jips1971

Jan 7, 2016
Neath
Hi, attached are the instructions
I also have a YouTube video of my settings which are default, except the max speed, which in the instructions show where it needs to be altered to 25
As for the throttle, it could be that your bike, like mine, was manufactured before the law changed, therefore the throttle is fine. I use - on mine for walk along mode.

Video of Settings

Hope that helps.

Mines done over 1400km with barely any issues. Still use it twice a week, and I have 2 batteries, for those longer rides.

Attachments

DeeBee

Jul 30, 2019
Hi, attached are the instructions
I also have a YouTube video of my settings which are default, except the max speed, which in the instructions show where it needs to be altered to 25
As for the throttle, it could be that your bike, like mine, was manufactured before the law changed, therefore the throttle is fine. I use - on mine for walk along mode.

Video of Settings

Hope that helps.

Mines done over 1400km with barely any issues. Still use it twice a week, and I have 2 batteries, for those longer rides.
Many thanks for your prompt reply together with the video and the settings description. I will attempt to revert to to your original ones tomorrow and report how I get on. One other thing, is it possible to reset the odometer or is it like a car - not possible ? It's no big deal really but I just wanted to record my own mileage and not the previous owner's usage.

Jips1971

Jan 7, 2016
Neath
No idea on that one I’m afraid.
I was wondering that the other day as I was going to work.
Just checked mine and it says 1231km so I must have somehow zero’d it after a couple hundred km’s But no idea how

DeeBee

Jul 30, 2019
No idea on that one I’m afraid.
I was wondering that the other day as I was going to work.
Just checked mine and it says 1231km so I must have somehow zero’d it after a couple hundred km’s But no idea how
OK, thanks

DeeBee

Jul 30, 2019
Ah, it's not so simple is it ! I see from your video that after putting in the 1919 code and setting the speed there are other parameters which are not in the description : CU l 15; HA l 1; AS 5 12; Hd 6 0; Hd p 0. Any idea what these settings mean ?

DeeBee

Jul 30, 2019
After putting in the 1919 code and re-setting the max speed back to 25km/h, I compared your default settings with a set of others shown in an earlier video on the subject. I tried changing the Hd 6 setting from 0 to 1. This kept the "-" button for activating the 6km/h walk mode but also set the thumb throttle back to the 6km/h walk mode also. I believe my controller is now back to its original settings (or if not very close to them). Not sure what the other parameters are for although I think the CU l 15 setting limits the current to 15A. One of the other settings (AS ?) might enable changing the number of power assist levels up to a maximum of 9. This is a pure guess from what I have read about the capabilities of the controller and I might be brave enough to risk trying to confirm this, although I would prefer written confirmation if I can find it.