Greetings from the Garden of England

Salad Dodger

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 18, 2011
North Kent
My name is Paul and I have just bought 2 Powacycles for my wife and myself.

We got back into cycling a couple of years ago, as an add-on activity to weekends and holidays spent in our camper van. Sometimes it is handy to be able to pop out to the local shops without having to move the van.

Lesley has a slightly gammy hip and knee - she just needs to be a bit careful not to over-exert herself - so cyling in flat country is no problem, but she doesn't do hills!

She tried a friend's e-bike: (a Kalkhoff: lovely but uber expensive) and felt that an assisted bike would enable her to take some exercise but not put too much strain on her dodgy limb. So after lots of research - and here I must thank all the contributors to this forum for their contributions on a huge variety of topics - we have taken delivery of the Powacycles.

The fun is just beginning!

Today we did a couple of short runs (about 5 or 6 mile round trips each time) but on the second run brought back in panniers way more shopping than we could have even contemplated carrying on our conventional cycles. And she wants to go out again tomorrow so let's hope to make good use of this spell of nice weather.....

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi, and welcome to the forum !

I too have a Powacycle windsor at the moment and have had great fun on it and managed to get a lot fitter

Hope you have many happy years with your e bikes.......the fun certainly is just beginning !

Lynda