GT Avalanche 3.0 with BBS02 EM3EV kit, London

Gouty

Just Joined
Sep 9, 2014

Stolen from outside my flat in Hampton, London within the last few days (probably last night). Kryptonite D lock on the rear frame and wheel, which was attached to a Kryptoflex cable that went to the bike rack (they cut the cable). They took the cover off of it and proped it back up to make it look like it was still there.

I am an idiot and didn't make a note of the frame number (as it was an old bike that I bought second hand years ago)

Notable features:
BBS02 750W with EM3EV triangle battery pack
Schwalbe Marathon tires
Rockshox TK 30 front forks

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sadly scum life are every where, sorry to here your news.
Although and old bike it looks pretty damn good in your pic and a cut above your normal bike. Sadly its been said on here before any bike left outside and locked up in the same place day in day out or night is not safe, the only safe place is locked up in side somewhere out of sight out of mind.

Gouty

Just Joined
Sep 9, 2014
Yeah you are right. Unfortunately inside wasn't really an option (multiple flights of stairs and tiny flat) and whoever designed the place saw it fit to put the bike racks out the front of the property in view of the road and not around the back, also the type of bike racks where you can only attach it by the front wheel.

It was also the only time I left it outside with the battery still attached. The connector was getting eroded and I was trying to minimise it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Are you planning another ? In all up to about 1k to build a very nice bike like that though not worth bothering unless you can find some where secure for it.

D

Deleted member 4366

Quite expensive, but a Gocycle might solve your problem. They're very fast, have good power, light enough to be carried up stairs, and they take up no space in a flat if you fold the pedals and bars. This is a review of the G2. The G3 has a bigger battery and some other improvements.

Another important feature us the phone app, which can locate the bike if it gets nicked:

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Less expensive: a 48 V BBS or a GSM with external controller on a Dahon or Tern and the tiny 52 V battery d8veh pointed us to at lunacycle.

Gouty

Just Joined
Sep 9, 2014
Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure I'll be getting another one any time soon, I just have to wait to see what happens with the insurance claim. Had I known about the theft problem around here (it turns out that my downstairs neighbour has had 4 stolen in the last couple years) then I would probably have rethought it or made/bought something different anyway.

Unfortunately, even if I decide to get another, I think a GoCycle would be out of my price range unless something comes up cheap second hand. You mentioned the G2 and G3 but the first gen ones any good?

D

Deleted member 4366

The G1s suffered motor gear problems, from what I've read.