Gtech bike panniers?

Sunny day

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2017
UK
Hi, I'm new to electric bikes and i'm thinking of getting the Gtech (either sport or city). I just wondered if anyone knows if I could put both mudguards and rear panniers on? Also, I'm 5ft 9 - not sure which of the two bikes would fit me best?

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Sunny day I would suggest you have a look round and try a few before committing to a particular bike. There are some very reasonably priced bikes which are suitable for panniers off the shelf. Try Woosh/ Wisper/ Oxygen etc. If you go with any of these you will be assured of a good product with good backup. Of course there are many more worth looking at

Sunny day

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 19, 2017
UK
Thanks for your reply. The reason I was interested in the Gtech was because I live up 2 flights of stairs and the Gtech is relatively light at 16kg. I'll have a look at the other brands you've suggested though.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Thanks for your reply. The reason I was interested in the Gtech was because I live up 2 flights of stairs and the Gtech is relatively light at 16kg. I'll have a look at the other brands you've suggested though.
exactly why you should explore. You may find something even more to your needs

grazie

Pedelecer
May 21, 2016
nr Canterbury, UK
I tried the GTech with a fortnight demo a few years ago (I don't know if they still do this), There was a lot to like about it, although the competition has moved on whereas of the GTech hasn't changed as far as I know.
Firstly, the crossbar version is probably too big for you. I'm 5'8" and it was a lot too big for me. I wasn't impressed by the belt drive either as you're not supposed to lubricate it and it squeaks like hell. Finally the single speed limits the terrain it can handle, although where I live in Kent isn't flat and it could handle either the 4 or 6 mile trips to my nearest railway stations. However, I'm not sure it would have coped the hillier 8 mile trip to/from Canterbury.
GTech use to offer mudguards and a rack as an upgrade (at one time free), so panniers won't be a problem.
I still think it's one of the smartest ebikes available, but it has become a little dated.