Gtech Sport vs Carrera Crossfire E vs Oxigen S-Cross CB

ElectricOwl

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 27, 2016
Derbyshire
I live in a very hilly area close to the Peak District I had the Gtech but returned it because it would not get me up hills and with no gears its very limited , went to Halfords and bought the Crossfire (got it for £800.00 with the offer they had at the time ) It tackles the hills with no problems I have been very happy with it so far , just an annoying click noise coming from the drive train that Halfords have not been able to sort yet .

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Lux87

Jun 15, 2017
London
After a week with the s-cross cb, I can definitely say that is worth it's money. I've tried the carrera as well, and as a term of comparison I can say that the engine of the carrera felt a little bit more powerfull, but maybe it's just because the s-cross is a little bit more heavy. On all the rest the s-cross win. It's more comfortable, the power settings are more "advanced" and this alone is worth the bigger price tag.

Battery life looks decent, using the 35km/h speed limit allow me to ride for 25 miles and still be on 34.5v.

The only thing that I still have not figured out is the cutoff of the battery. Is it 32v or 30v??

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
I did 37miles in a hilly area and was on 35v or 36v and one bar lit, I can't remember exactly, I am not sure what it would be when completely flat, did you start at 41.5v, that's maximum for me when fully recharged.

Lux87

Jun 15, 2017
London
Almost the same, max 41.5, got flat at 33.5, and the range was more or less 30 miles I would say, maybe 33-34 max. Discovered it the bad way, with 5 miles left and a massive hill to ride xD

• Useful
Reactions: Mal69

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The only thing that I still have not figured out is the cutoff of the battery. Is it 32v or 30v??
30/32v is a bit low unless you are doing a discharge test.
most 46v batteries will have lvc at or above 33v. My Oxydrive's are at 33.5 when lvc kicks in though will recover by about 0.5 - 0.7v once cooled this is normal as a fail safe to prevent over discharge of cells.

DBye

Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2016
The controller on my S-Cross CB states the low voltage protection cut off is 31.5V .
I don't think the voltage on the display is totally accurate, I've had it read 41.5V hot off the charger but a multimeter across the terminals gives 41.8V.

Attachments

• Useful
Reactions: Lux87

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All controllers tend to have a low lvc, however the batteries bms's lvc is usually higher to protect cells so this will over ride the controller.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's normal to have a damping factor in the LCD's battery display. That's to stop the numbers going up and down every time you open the throttle. Also, after cutoff, like any battery, the voltage will recover a bit. The only way to find out what your cut-off is, would be to measure the voltage in real-time at the time it cuts off. It's most likely 31v.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the battery and controller cutoff is 31V but because of the voltage sag, you will see the motor stuttering at about 33V-33.5V.
the bottom 20% of the battery capacity is difficult to ride with.