Haibike can't decide which model

GOLFATHER76

Just Joined
May 2, 2017
Birmingham
Hi everyone

i am new to this forum & looks like I'm on a right place , already gather loads of info but i am just confused to which model to buy.

I am out to buy a e bike to commute to work 12 miles round trip once i starting looking & i really like the looks of Haibike, the bike i seen is haibike Xduro hardseven 4.0 the reason i chose this so i can do mountain biking now & then with my friends & don't feel left out & can't afford to buy 2 bikes.

would you guys recommend anything else ? my budget is £2000 but Xduro is £400 more then my budget.

also can anyone advise if SDURO Cross do same purpose for me ?

thank you for your help in advance

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
spec wise there near enough the same, tbh you pay the extra for the bosch motor on the xduro which unless you ride both you wont tell if you like 1 or the other better so if you can get a test ride then that will help you decide if it is worth more or not.

for off road then a fs bike would be better but cost a lot more than ur budget but plenty have gone for a hard tail then sold it not long after for a fs bike.

GOLFATHER76

Just Joined
May 2, 2017
Birmingham
spec wise there near enough the same, tbh you pay the extra for the bosch motor on the xduro which unless you ride both you wont tell if you like 1 or the other better so if you can get a test ride then that will help you decide if it is worth more or not.

for off road then a fs bike would be better but cost a lot more than ur budget but plenty have gone for a hard tail then sold it not long after for a fs bike.
Thanks for your quick feedback, i read about both motors & they both are same but for some reason Bosh sounds & looks more solid to me lol

i tried Trek e bike in bosh motor & it was good enough for me.

i am not big in mountain biking, i probably use my bike twice a year, so not sure if i want to spend lot of money on fs bike.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the bosch motor has gear shift sensing and so cuts power when you shift gear where the yamaha motor just gives power from the get go and has no gear shift sensor.

some like it some dont why you should try both but if you had to replace both motor and batt out of warranty then its more for the yamaha price wise even tho you pay more for the bosch system.:rolleyes:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
If you're going to use the bike mainly for commuting then perhaps you should rethink your decision.
For mainly road riding to and from work a mountain bike has no mudguards so you have no weather protection. I know you can fit ugly rain guard things to it, but you might want to look at a trekking bike.
Go ride quite a few bikes, you'll k is when you've ridden the one you'll want.

• Agree
Reactions: Izzyekerslike

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Thanks for your quick feedback, i read about both motors & they both are same but for some reason Bosh sounds & looks more solid to me lol

i tried Trek e bike in bosh motor & it was good enough for me.

i am not big in mountain biking, i probably use my bike twice a year, so not sure if i want to spend lot of money on fs bike.
Check out Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500. At about £2000, has better components, larger battery (500vs 400wh), more powerful Bosch CX motor (75nm vs 60nm) than Haibike. For extra £200 the next model up has high end components and air fork which is lot better off road and in general.

GOLFATHER76

Just Joined
May 2, 2017
Birmingham
Check out Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500. At about £2000, has better components, larger battery (500vs 400wh), more powerful Bosch CX motor (75nm vs 60nm) than Haibike. For extra £200 the next model up has high end components and air fork which is lot better off road and in general.

Thank you, I did look at cube bikes as well but no offence they don't look as sexy & strong as haibikes. but I will definitely do more research.

Last edited:

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I have the older sDuro 29 version, hardtail is the way forward.

I fitted lights and good mudguards.

It is fabulous; very powerful with good manners and easy on the road, exhilarating and sure footed off road.

There is no tarmac hill it will not take easily in it's stride.

The only regret you will have is not buying one sooner.

20170401_183150.jpg

Retyred1

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2016
NZ
I brought a sDuro 29er 4.0 hardtail around 3 months back. This is Haibike's budget model, has the brilliant Haibike frame but cheaper components. Absolutly love it. The so called 'Yamaha zero cadence' is in my opinion the way to go - make rough hills far easier to climb. Also the hardtail for me is great - climbs and handles a lot better that a FS model (maybe not as good downhill but I don't rock jump anyway) and easier to maintain.
I intend to upgrade some of the components as I can afford it - Rockshoxs will be first as soon as my local shop replaces a set. It has Acera derailleur and shifter but I've had these on previous bikes and find them extra reliable and able to take plenty of rough stuff, although probably will replace the shifter at some stage. Brake are Tektro hydraulic disks and are fine. Wheels seem pretty good but will keep an eye on those. By the time I finish I will have a bike that will suit me, far better than spending extra on a top spec bike that performs worse.
I honestly don't think you can get much better than a Haibike.

Last edited:

GOLFATHER76

Just Joined
May 2, 2017
Birmingham
I brought a sDuro 29er 4.0 hardtail around 3 months back. This is Haibike's budget model, has the brilliant Haibike frame but cheaper components. Absolutly love it. The so called 'Yamaha zero cadence' is in my opinion the way to go - make rough hills far easier to climb. Also the hardtail for me is great - climbs and handles a lot better that a FS model (maybe not as good downhill but I don't rock jump anyway) and easier to maintain.
I intend to upgrade some of the components as I can afford it - Rockshoxs will be first as soon as my local shop replaces a set. It has Acera derailleur and shifter but I've had these on previous bikes and find them extra reliable and able to take plenty of rough stuff, although probably will replace the shifter at some stage. Brake are Tektro hydraulic disks and are fine. Wheels seem pretty good but will keep an eye on those. By the time I finish I will have a bike that will suit me, far better than spending extra on a top spec bike that performs worse.
I honestly don't think you can get much better than a Haibike.

Thank you very much for your feedback mate

tisme

Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2016
kent
I bought a sduro hardseven in November and loved it but liked the allmtn as well so a few weeks ago bought one of those thinking I'd sell the hardseven. They are very different bikes but the yam motor IMO is nicer than the Bosch. I also think the allmtn is better off Rd. Go a test ride before you buy and remember there's some good deals on 2016 models

RRC

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 28, 2017
Peoria, Illinois USA
I own two Haibikes. One is an XDURO Full Seven S RX, the other is XDURO S Trekking. I'm also 64 years old, so I enjoy the Full Seven even on the street. It's like riding on a carpet when you have the pressures you want. I changed the tires so I don't have a knobby tire, but we're not allowed on the single trails when they are muddy, so no traction issues. The Trekking bike has the 500whr battery pack, fenders, and a great rack on the back. I added a suspension post to the Trekking bike, but still not as smooth as the Full Seven. The Full Seven does have the annoying noise from the chain going over the idler. So honestly, I couldn't decide which I would prefer. That's why I got two, and waited till year end model sales for the Trekking, the Full Seven was a demo bike with 150 miles on it. Picked up the Full Seven for $2800 usd, and the Trekking for a touch more with the battery upgrade.

Reactions: GOLFATHER76

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I bought a sduro hardseven in November and loved it but liked the allmtn as well so a few weeks ago bought one of those thinking I'd sell the hardseven. They are very different bikes but the yam motor IMO is nicer than the Bosch. I also think the allmtn is better off Rd. Go a test ride before you buy and remember there's some good deals on 2016 models
Surprised you switch drives. If you stayed with Yamaha you'd have two batteries.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Sorry to have confused you both bikes are yam I just tested the bosch on a 25mile ride
If you insist on calling Yamaha yam, why not call Bosch boss?