Haibike Off Road Trail Demo Day - 18th May 2013

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Guys,

We are holding a really good event in May and I wanted to give the people on here a heads up first..

Haibike Off Road Trail Demo Day - 18th May 2013

Haibike Demo Day Pedelec.jpg

This is your chance to actually try the new Haibike electric bike range off road.
We will be taking 3 groups of people out throughout the day at different time slots. The route will cover some on-road, some light off-road and some more serious off-road. This will give you a real good feel for the off-road machines.
We will stop halfway round so everyone can swap over machines so you get the chance to try multiple different models on offer.

Each outing will last approximately an hour and we will cover roughly 8-9 miles. There will also be a 15 minute brief before and after the ride. So please allow a total of 2 hours to cover your time here.

The three time slots will be 10:30am, 1pm & 3:30pm..

Booking is made online in advance on the website link below..
There are limited spaces so get registered if you want to take part in the day. Space will fill up fast!

If your thinking of buying a new off-road eBike this year this is the perfect opportunity to try one in the perfect setting. Tea, coffee and cold drinks will be provided in the de-brief; after the ride.

Any Questions please just ask. For more details and to register please click here -

http://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/haibiketrail.html

Regards
Martin

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
very good initiative.....route shows a climb of 400 ft over 4 miles ? (or is it metres ?)
if in feet , we would call that a gentle slope up here in perthshire......

regards

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
very good initiative.....route shows a climb of 400 ft over 4 miles ? (or is it metres ?)
if in feet , we would call that a gentle slope up here in perthshire......

regards
The route elevation is 521ft, with some long steady hills.
But I have included a few 'nasty' hills in the route for people to try if they want, if not go round :)

If in Perthshire I'm sure we could find some better ones. But the fact is we are in Hampshire.
On a side note, if on tarmac the climbs would be a lot easier. The stuff we will be riding does consist of a lot of mud! I rode the route twice on Tuesday Ill upload a video when it is edited together.. It can be quite slippy on a normal mountain bike, the point I want to show is how torque'y the bikes are and how they don't slip at all when climbing thick mud.

Regards
Martin

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Looks fun. Do post that vid ! Are you near a station in Alton ?

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Looks fun. Do post that vid ! Are you near a station in Alton ?
Hi Alex,

Yes will post up the video over the next week or so.
As for the train station, yes Alton train station is located 10min walk from the shop.
It is on the mainline.. Here is a map for you -

Google Maps

If you were to drive there is a pay and display car park directly to the rear of the shop.

Regards
Martin

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Thanks to everyone who has registered so far.
I know we're a while off May but I can confirm there are only 4 spaces left in the 10:30am time slot.
The other time slots still have space.
As said above I should have the video up in the next few days.

Any questions please just ask. Otherwise register on the website -
Haibike off road trail demo day - Your chance to actually try the new Haibike electric bike range off road

A few have emailed regarding the booking form playing up, this problem should now be resolved.

Regards
Martin

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
10.30am Time slot is now full and therefore closed.
I will adjustt he website tomorrow so no one can register for the 10:30 slot.

One place left in the 1PM slot and a couple at 3:30.

So just a pre-warning that there's only a few spaces left, if you want to go and have not booked then please register here - We are holding test days / electric bike trials throughout the year

Regards
Martin

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hello All,

All registered for the ride have just received a phone call and email from myself.
With regret we have had to re-schedule the ‘Big Haibike Trail Day’ by a month or so.
Due to unprecedented demand for the Haibikes we have sold to date; we over ordered enough eBikes to cover the demo day.
We have a big drop scheduled to arrive with us next week; including the eBikes to be used as part of the Haibike Trail.

Unfortunately the demand for Haibike across Europe has been so high this year that Haibike themselves have completely sold out of stock.
We have asked to be sent every eBike Haibike has left.. The UK distributor only just decided to inform us yesterday, that what's left only just covers what we have allocated with deposits to customers already.
So we have been left short by a number of bikes, leaving us no eBikes to use on our demo day.

I can only apologise in the delay; for something that is out of my control. We will have to postpone the Haibike Trail for a month or so when more stock will be arriving.

At present I cannot confirm the date as I am waiting for Haibike to release details and stock levels of the next batch, due to arrive with us towards the end of June.
When I have a date when more stock is expected I can then inform you of the re-scheduled date.

As part of the inconvenience the UK distributor has agreed to offer everyone who attends the re-scheduled date a Haibike freebie (Most likely a nice Haibike t-shirt).

At current the event has gained a lot of interest and is fully booked to date.
Therefore if you feel you will not be in a position to re-schedule please get in touch so that time slot can be free’d up to others.

Once again I apologise, on the plus side, looking at the weather; a month’s delay may be for the better as the trails are still quite boggy here.
If you need any more information please get in touch otherwise you will hear from me soon with the re-scheduled date.

Best Regards
Martin

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just a quick update to let everyone know who's signed up for the ride we are still working on a date and will let everyone know shortly.

In the meantime, after a very very bus spring with the Haibikes we have left a couple of RX Pro's and a couple of FS SL's so if anyone wants to get on a new ebike a bit sooner than the ride in late July then please let me know and well get you sorted.

FS RX Pro - The FS RX Pro is the ultimate mountain bikers dream! Not for the faint hearted! Its the top of the range full suspension Haibike eMTB.
FS SL - The Haibike xDuro FS SL is an ideal full suspension bike that offers outstanding performance to the everyday mountain biker

They will go quick, I haven't even started on the list of names I have here yet!

Anyway in the meantime enjoy the sun ;)

Regards
Martin