Haibike SDuro Hard Seven Yamaha rough bottom bracket

Miller

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 26, 2018
united kingdom
First post...
Have a rarely used Haibike SDuro Hard Seven 2014 that has developed what I presumed to be a rough bottom bracket bearing in the crank…. Given to my local mechanic who confirmed there was some play and he first contacted a Haibike dealer in terms of warranty before going in. He was eventually informed that the motor would need to be ‘split’ and the bearing located and sized then refitted but the fault could also mean a new motor completely at £650.00. Anyone had similar issues…?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sadly you have entered the world of dealer/warranty repair, often it is only a manufacturer exchange unit which out of warranty can prove rather expensive.
One reason why I won't entertain such a bike, ok for two years then after that it appears you need deep pockets.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
I hammer mine (Yamaha PW sDuro hard seven) to work and back and my bearing developed play at 6000 miles. Due to my relatively high milage use I managed to do this just on the two year warranty point and my dealer was very good and replaced the motor.

I am still hammering to work and back on my bike and have now covered 8482 miles, 2482 on the new motor and my bike will be three years old around the middle of March.

If the bearing wears out at a similar point then I will need to replace it at 12000 miles after roughly four years of ownership. I will find out what my options are then.

Miller

Feb 26, 2018
united kingdom
Bike sorted by my mechanic.... The bottom bracket bearing is now obsolete/rare and it incorporates and o-ring.... He ordered the same size and lithium greased it and internals good and proper and all good.... Bearings £17.00 and labour £25.00.

Miller

Feb 26, 2018
united kingdom
IMG_2585.JPG Took it on a shakedown today and all good.... The crank runs way smoother and I could tell the pedal strokes were more efficent...

Reactions: argoose

Related Articles

Advertisers