Haibike sDuro Hardseven Battery Protection Activated

Biscitt

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
I have an error message on both my Yamaha motor Haibike sDuro Hardsevens. The E and F charge LEDs are flashing apparently this indicates that the protection system has been activated see attached image. I think this has been caused by a faulty motor.

Does anyone know if the battery protection can be reset?

Attachments

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you could send it to jimmy and have him take a look at it but bar that only thing you can do is get a new batt/motor.

https://bga-reworking.co.uk/

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
What were the circumstances when the batteries died?
Unfortunately you can't reset unrecoverable errors.
The manual for tne system can be found at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/975488/Yamaha-X94-Series.html
It would be interesting if you could look at the error diagnosis section and tell us which fault is stored.
User Cosas on the Pedelecs.de forum can repair these batteries if you send him a PM.
Let us know how you get on.

Biscitt

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
Thank you both for your info. I'll check the error diagnosis code when I get the bikes back and let you know.

The sequence of events was: my partner took the bike for a ride, started ok then the bike switch off, thinking he had hit the off switch by mistake he switched it on again, was ok for a short time before going off again. When I checked the battery it was flashing the E & F LEDs. Thinking it was just a battery fault I put my good battery in and that immediately showed the same error code. So two batteries faulty and one motor likely faulty and my dealer says because I put the faulty battery on the good bike I might have taken that motor out too. :(

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so do both batts now do the same then on either bike?

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Hi Biscitt,

I am afraid that I am no expert at diagnosing or mending these systems.

My own dealer has been very good, but was unable to help me with my own out of warranty battery problem. Fortunately my problem was broken connectors at the battery and the charger and this was relatively easy to carefully repair with the help of a friend who knew a fair bit about electrical systems and we really only replaced the broken Yamaha connectors on the battery and charger with cheap replacements bought of ebay. Luckily for me this worked and afterwards my battery could be charged and worked as before when attached to the bike.

What it highlighted to me was the complete lack of support by Raleigh for problems people have with Yamaha ebike systems when the warranty has expired. I think this is more about Raleigh and the customer service they provide for customers after their warranty has expired than the dealers who sell the bikes.

Your problem could be quite simple to fix but for most people faced with a dealer saying "fix it yourself " or "buy a completely new large expensive component like the battery or motor" as the choices given to you are the opposite of what good customer service should be.

In my opinion this is just not good enough with more and more of these bikes being sold. I do not think there is anything wrong with the Yamaha system and I really enjoy riding mine and think it is pretty robust but they should last longer than the two year warranty period and there should be somewhere they can be sent to have problems that arise after the warranty has expired assessed and repaired at a fair price.

Good luck.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
I doubt very much that the motor on the second bike has a problem. You will most likely find you have an AFE fault logged, you can get this just with a multimeter probing in the wrong place. The comms line has maybe been connected to incorrect voltage/ground due to a motor controller failure. When you have fitted the second battery the fault is still there immediately killing that one. When either of these batteries is fitted to a different bike no comms are available so battery will not turn on.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
bummer tho try jimmy and that guy on the German site or put a post up as lot more ppl have them over there and make there own batts ;)

Biscitt

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
I've checked the led fault on one battery and it correlates to "AFE Fault" in the manual. Anyone know what that means?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
unrecoverable error (AFE fault). the bms is toast.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
unrecoverable error (AFE fault). the bms is toast.
Correct. No spares are available, your only hope that I know of is via the German forum indicated earlier. Users Gamerpaddy and Cosas have reverse engineered this and can help but you do need to be sure what is going on with your motor(s) before connecting a replacement battery.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Correct, usually caused by a comms line fault. No spares are available, your only hope that I know of is via the German forum indicated earlier. Users Gamerpaddy and Cosas have reverse engineered this and can help but you do need to be sure what is going on with your motor(s) before connecting a replacement battery.

Biscitt

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
Thanks I'll put a post up.

Is "Jimmy" from the company BGA-Reworking or e-Bike Batteries?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks I'll put a post up.

Is "Jimmy" from the company BGA-Reworking or e-Bike Batteries?
Yes to both.
Also his other company from the same premises is Insat Intl as SW has said.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Gosh, right, OK, thank you.
Insat is his satellite/receiver business.
The other two are battery/vaping businesses etc.
All three are tech based electronics and over lap each other, so are operated under one roof/premises by various staff mostly family.
A great guy to do business with and a very interesting/engaging chap to talk with.

Advertisers