Haibike Trekking eBikes finally come to the UK for 2014!..

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi Guys,

German manufacturer Haibike have been dominating the UK market with their electric mountain bikes. However we are pleased to announce today that we (The UK's largest Haibike eBike dealer) will be selling the brands Trekking models on UK shores for 2014. This is very exciting as I have had so many people asking for the trekking models but up until now have not been able to source them. Read more here..

The models we will be bringing in are the Haibike xDuro Trekking SL 2014. Available in both a Gents and a Ladies style frame.

Haibike xDuro Trekking SL Gents 2014 Specification here.
Haibike-xduro-trekking-sl-2014-electric-bike.jpg
Price £2499.99

Haibike xDuro Trekking SL Ladies 2014 Specification here.
Haibike-xduro-trekkin-sl-ladies-2014-ebike.jpg
Price £2499.99

Both models are fully equipped with all the essentials - mudguards, lighting system, puncture resistant tyres, pannier racks, prop stands, comfy saddles and an in-built pump.

We are set to receive these models shortly (Mid December). As always its suggested to contact me for pre-orders to get a deposit down to secure one. Otherwise book an appointment to come down and take a look when there in stock (If there's any left!).

I think the demand for these Trekking / Commuter / Hybrid eBikes will be massive. So many people are after a good quality German bike built with the Bosch inverted motor. Finally we can supply!

Any Questions please ask..

Regards
Martin

Reactions: EddiePJ

Streethawk

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 12, 2011
They look very nice Martin, but the price doesnt seem to be very competitive with the KTM offerings, and in this class, the inverted motor is not really a big benefit.

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
They look very nice Martin, but the price doesnt seem to be very competitive with the KTM offerings, and in this class, the inverted motor is not really a big benefit.
Hi Streethawk,
You have to look at them in the flesh to appreciate. If you look the spec is pretty good but there's more too it than that. Just for example here are the welds on the Haibike -
2014 Haibike xDuro AMT Pro 27.5 Gen 2 Motor.jpg
Here is a picture of the same motor integrated on a KTM that I saw at the NEC-
2013-09-29 12.59.501.jpg

Its easy to get carried away with specification on paper, but if the bike is 'shoddy' as a whole then its not justified.

Regards
Martin

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Like most Haibikes, the trekking ones look a bit expensive.

My Rose is a very similar spec and cost £2,500, but that includes an Alfine 11 hub gear.

Seems to me prices are, if anything, a bit lower this year for high-spec ebikes, so the Haibike trekking would look fairer value at £2,000 or just over.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Why do they introduce an interesting new bike when I have something on order? I'm not made of money.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Why do they introduce an interesting new bike when I have something on order? I'm not made of money.
Got a feeling you've picked a better option ... and surely it's a bit lo-brow for you being at the lower end of the range ? :)

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Although in fairness it was a pre-production model so not up to the same standards as the fully finished product :D

Also worth noting these have the classic motor not active or performance line which is on most 2014 bikes. Would recommend trying new active and performance line motors they really are amazing. Although classic line which featured on 2013 bikes will continue to be produced on some bikes.

However even though we do not sell them I am happy to admit they look like nice bikes :D

Last edited:

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Have to agree Martin our 2014 KTMs look great. There is so much choice available now at the premium end of the market. Nice situation for the customer who can try them all out :D

I can confirm that the Step through KTM Dual we took receipt of this week has welding every bit as good as the Haibike, and is very competetive price for such a well spec bike.
Hi Martin, can you get some pictures of the KTM Macina Dual you have, we haven't had one come though our office and we'd love to have a closed look at the set up.

I will try to get down to visit you guys before Christmas if that's ok, to say hi and drop off some more brochures.

Cheers
Col

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Does that bike come with the head riser as standard, or have you fitted to suit a customer?