Halfords Carerra crossfire e

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
My friend has the above bike and wishes to derestrict it. Can anyone advise if possible and how.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Atko

Reactions: Abilder

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
No can do.

Reactions: Abilder

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am not sure you can find a controller that runs with the Suntour kit which has its own integrated torque and pedal sensor. Then you will also need to buy a new LCD.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
There are a couple or three of other Carrera threads and you will find the answer at the moment is NO.
No one who has one has started a specific thread on what they have or haven't tried. All they ask is the same as your question, until the bikes are old enough and out of warranty no one wants to play/mess about with their bike :rolleyes:.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
There are a couple or three of other Carrera threads and you will find the answer at the moment is NO.
No one who has one has started a specific thread on what they have or haven't tried. All they ask is the same as your question, until the bikes are old enough and out of warranty no one wants to play/mess about with their bike :rolleyes:.
OK thanks, I will pass on the bad news.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'm sure you could do it with a separate replacement controller with its own PAS, throttle and speed sensor. Basically, you just keep the battery and motor. That would mean quite a bit of wiring and installation of the controller in a tool bag or similar. Cost would be £70 to £100 for a decent controller.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you need the pin-out of the Suntour motor cable before considering a new controller. You will also lose the torque sensor and the pedal sensor.

D

Deleted member 4366

I was thinking of cutting off the motor connector on the controller side and grafting it to the new controller. It should be fairly obvious which wire is which.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the motor may have speed sensor. How can you tell the speed sensor wire from the hall sensors? how can you tell which wire is the torque signal and which is the PAS?

D

Deleted member 4366

If the colours aren't obvious, the flashing frequency would be 20% of the hals frequency, i.e. once per turn instead of 5.

Advertisers