halfords staff complete retards!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
needed some slime tubes and as mother was going past thought be simple thing so print out what i needed 2 slime tubes 27.5 PRESTA valve so she could show a staff member and get the right ones.

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/inner-tubes/slime-presta-bike-inner-tube-26-29

1hr later and look what i have got. said even checked on the computer it was the right one.:rolleyes:
DSC_0165.JPG
shite for brains or what thats like bike 101 might as well be for a fkn wheel barrow :rolleyes:o_O

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
No but highly amused!
im not she paid for one of them:eek: got to take it back for a refund now so she can rob the right one this time:D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
she robs anything that will fit in her shopping bag n band fro b and q, garden centre is low on garden lights atm as she robbed them all.

then goes to tesco to rob all the batts for them as ones they come with are shite lol.

Reactions: Fordulike

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
My engagements with Halfords have all been satisfactorily . They rebuilt the power hub rear wheel,. I supplied the spooks. They told me that their Slimng was better than the commercial product. And with the care they took I believe them.

• Useful

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
My engagements with Halfords have all been satisfactorily . They rebuilt the power hub rear wheel,. I supplied the spooks. They told me that their Slimng was better than the commercial product. And with the care they took I believe them.
You have a rare experience
You must live next to a good one
The one in Bracknell left parts loose on 2 kids bikes one year letting the bikes out supposedly finished
The one in Haverfordwest fitted a battery on a car packing it with cardboard as it was loose this was not rectified even after a second visit and the one in Swansea fitted a pair of headlight bulbs upside down causing a burnt headlight reflector and ultimately an mot fail
That is just 3 incidents from 3 stores off the top of my head
All in all there a shower of shits and never to be trusted with anything in my opinion:(

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
You have a rare experience
You must live next to a good one
The one in Bracknell left parts loose on 2 kids bikes one year letting the bikes out supposedly finished
The one in Haverfordwest fitted a battery on a car packing it with cardboard as it was loose this was not rectified even after a second visit and the one in Swansea fitted a pair of headlight bulbs upside down causing a burnt headlight reflector and ultimately an mot fail
That is just 3 incidents from 3 stores off the top of my head
All in all there a shower of shits and never to be trusted with anything in my opinion:(
The problem I see is that they are mostly staffed by kids that have been on a course. My halfords has a couple of good knowledgeable lads that know what they are doing and will help with anything they can.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
The problem I see is that they are mostly staffed by kids that have been on a course. My halfords has a couple of good knowledgeable lads that know what they are doing and will help with anything they can.
I agree
But that doesn’t make it right it makes it worse
If they can’t have there staff upto a competent level they should be hammered for it and in no way should they be working on anything without supervision from a knowledgeable competent person

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mike killay

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Absolutely, so why do people go there? I suppose they would say its a very small percentage of problems.
Not in my experience :(
And plainly in yours it’s a small percentage that are any good

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Not in my experience :(
And plainly in yours it’s a small percentage that are any good
Oh I have been there.. we fit parts! Once bought a seat post rack and asked them to fit it. I had to stop the lad doing it as he was trying to force in a bolt that was obviously cross threaded with the wrong size Allen key and he couldnt understand why the key was slipping. I bought a bike and the crank actually fell off on first ride.

Reactions: Fat Rat

Garry Poulton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 18, 2018
West Midlands England
I tried to buy a wired bike computer from my local Halfords. I explained to the lad on the bike repair that I didn't want a wireless one as I thought the magnetic field from the hub motor might interfere with the signal to the head unit. He looked at me like I had gone mad and said " there's a always a magnet on the spokes and that doesn't cause a problem" is it me?

Reactions: flecc

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I tried to buy a wired bike computer from my local Halfords. I explained to the lad on the bike repair that I didn't want a wireless one as I thought the magnetic field from the hub motor might interfere with the signal to the head unit. He looked at me like I had gone mad and said " there's a always a magnet on the spokes and that doesn't cause a problem" is it me?
AcyActua I think it is you!. The Comms protocols should have no difficulty with the extremely low frequency, in their terms, of the pulsating waveforms in the wheel area.

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
AcyActua I think it is you!. The Comms protocols should have no difficulty with the extremely low frequency, in their terms, of the pulsating waveforms in the wheel area.
A wireless computer doesn't work on my Yamaha. I tried it when my speed sensor accidentally got moved;)

Garry Poulton

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 18, 2018
West Midlands England
My friend fitted a wireless one to his ebike and every time he used the motor it went haywire, when he fitted it to his wife's non electric bike it worked perfectly. I rest my case.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My friend fitted a wireless one to his ebike and every time he used the motor it went haywire, when he fitted it to his wife's non electric bike it worked perfectly. I rest my case.
You're right, some others have reported as much in here with front hub motors. I've always used wired ones on e-bikes.

Advertisers