Has anyone tried to register an S-class in the UK?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
As you say only 2 people have bothered to follow the law and get there bikes registered and insured.Why are Amps electric bikes saying further back on this thread,they are selling s-pedelecs and there customers are registering and insuring these bikes.
Hi Craigor, I'll call one off the guys who registered one to find out next who insured his bike, but several HS bikes have certainly been registered.

Sorry not to have picked up on this earlier, we are absolutely flat out at the moment. Not much time to post on Pedelecs I'm afraid.

All the best, David

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Hi Craigor, I'll call one off the guys who registered one find out next who insured them, but several HS bikes have certainly been registered.

Sorry not to have picked up on this already, we are absolutely flat out at the moment. Not much time to post on Pedelecs, I'm afraid.

All the best, David
Nice one David.

David Kilpatrick

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2016
Cumbernauld
When we were at the Excel show last year, Stromer were on the next stand. The guy told me that they had type approval, so they could provide them registered exactly the same as their Tomos mopeds.
Hi I am wanting to buy a Peugeot eu01s and tax it to use legally, however I am struggling to get anyone to insure it. Have you any ideas of any companies who would provide this?
Thanks

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Hi I am wanting to buy a Peugeot eu01s and tax it to use legally, however I am struggling to get anyone to insure it. Have you any ideas of any companies who would provide this?
Thanks
Try Adrian flux insurance. Will the supplier of the Peugeot supply it with a certificate of conformity. That will make registration just a matter of form filling. Take a look at videos of registering a pit bike on You tube for more info on that. If they don't supply a coc you will have to take the bike for MSVA test £80 MSVA manual available online. After passing the test you will have to insure before DVLA issue a reg number. Adrian Flux will register a bike on a frame number. Carole Nash may be another alternative.

Sent from my T1005 using Tapatalk

David Kilpatrick

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2016
Cumbernauld
Try Adrian flux insurance. Will the supplier of the Peugeot supply it with a certificate of conformity. That will make registration just a matter of form filling. Take a look at videos of registering a pit bike on You tube for more info on that. If they don't supply a coc you will have to take the bike for MSVA test £80 MSVA manual available online. After passing the test you will have to insure before DVLA issue a reg number. Adrian Flux will register a bike on a frame number. Carole Nash may be another alternative.

Hi have certificate of conformity, type approval so can tax it. Adrian Flux - Bewiser need a registration number before they can quote. Not wanting to purchase if I can’t get it insured

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Hi have certificate of conformity, type approval so can tax it. Adrian Flux - Bewiser need a registration number before they can quote. Not wanting to purchase if I can’t get it insured
I would try Adrian Flux again maybe the adviser you talked to did not know you could insure on frame number. If you get a no again try asking to talk to their supervisor. They quoted me for a unregistered motorised bicycle. If no joy try Carole Nash.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you are just wasting ur money tbh i have been riding mine with a dongle since 2014 and i cant get the police to chase me even taking the **** lol.

David Kilpatrick

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2016
Cumbernauld
I would try Adrian Flux again maybe the adviser you talked to did not know you could insure on frame number. If you get a no again try asking to talk to their supervisor. They quoted me for a unregistered motorised bicycle. If no joy try Carole Nash.

Thanks for the advice and information will try again tomorrow

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I can't believe how none of the bike shop/ suppliers on here can't help out on this subject. Even the Hells Angels tax and insure their motorbikes these days. Perhaps illegal ebikers are the last true outlaws.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Thanks
David, do you really really need to go down this route, you`re going to end up looking something like this...

DLNmEoGWsAAdiWs.jpg
and this is for a bog standard ebike in this part of the UK.

you`re going to get laughed at - it`s a push bike for goodness sake!

Last edited:

Advertisers