Hello all .... Jelly legs !

RPe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
I have just ventured out on my new Gtech Sports for the first time.

60, overweight, unfit, had a bollocking from the Doc about lifestyle so it’s time for a bit of a change. I played a lot of Rugby so am now orthopaedically challenged to say the least.

My old ‘specialized’ road bike is gathering dust and hasn’t moved for 5 years .... to be honest this Gtech seems to be the answer to my prayers. I just did around 10 miles with a few stiffish climbs and when I got home I could tell I’d done some exercise ( hence the jelly legs ) ... perfect.

I plan to go out every day ( weather permitting of course ... ) and combine my exercise routine to include less beer and crap food more dog walks and more golf ...... we’ll see !

26/4/2018 .... 15st 9 lbs
25/5/2018 .....15st 3 lbs .... doing OK

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
24/6/18

14 st 12 ... including a week away at a wedding !

Big test next month fortnight in Spain. I’ll be happy to stay at this weight. We’ll see.
No Tapas with mayo, try and moderate the red wine, no rosé! Stuff fried in olive oil should be OK stick to the fresh fruit, fish and veg as much as you can.

RPe

Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
No Tapas with mayo, try and moderate the red wine, no rosé! Stuff fried in olive oil should be OK stick to the fresh fruit, fish and veg as much as you can.
Thanks. I’ll be golfing a bit but really can’t see me getting through it with no weight gain. We’ll see .... I’ll just deal with it when we get back.

RPe

Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
D6EB7030-3BA6-44E7-AA7F-E1DBBFF30A77.jpeg 25/7/18 .... 15 stone 2. Spanish holiday and a wedding week end have contributed to my first setback. I’m back in the saddle though so we’ll see. Acquiring this little girl has not helped either !

Reactions: E-Wheels and tommie

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
I'm 69 and in the same boat as you, but I've also had two heart attacks. My bike is my life-saver. I'm still a bit wobbly riding on the pavement, and I hate having cars overtake me, but I'm sure that's normal. In the six months I've had my bike I've lost two stone.

Keep it up. We need to show these young whipper-snappers that you don't need a 45 km/h speed bike to have fun.

Reactions: tommie

RPe

Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
I'm 69 and in the same boat as you, but I've also had two heart attacks. My bike is my life-saver. I'm still a bit wobbly riding on the pavement, and I hate having cars overtake me, but I'm sure that's normal. In the six months I've had my bike I've lost two stone.

Keep it up. We need to show these young whipper-snappers that you don't need a 45 km/h speed bike to have fun.[/QUOTE

RPe

Apr 23, 2018
Northants UK
Well done Steve 2 stones off is very impressive.

What else are you doing in terms of diet/beer etc.

Steve Bowles

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2018
St Leonards, England
Well done Steve 2 stones off is very impressive.

What else are you doing in terms of diet/beer etc.
I think the fear of falling off a 24kg bike onto the road (which I have done twice), or wobbling into an oncoming automobile helps with losing pounds -- along with not eating anything white (potatoes, rice, bread, pasta). Chicken and veg is now my staple diet. One pint of ale a week, and one cigar a month keeps me on the happy side.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I think the fear of falling off a 24kg bike onto the road (which I have done twice), or wobbling into an oncoming automobile helps with losing pounds -- along with not eating anything white (potatoes, rice, bread, pasta). Chicken and veg is now my staple diet. One pint of ale a week, and one cigar a month keeps me on the happy side.
Cracking job all round with the weight loss
Sleep would also help too :)