Hello all!

SiBob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 20, 2017
UK
Hi peeps!

I've been a lurker for a while and have benefitted from much of the contents and articles on this site/forum, which went a long way to me deciding to purchase a BBS02 kit from Eclipse nearly a year ago.

Thought it was about time to share!

After doing a bit of non-pedal assisted biking on a friend of mine's 2006 Giant XTC SX during a holiday in Wales last year, I subsequently bought it off him and fitted the kit to it. This allowed me to be far more adventurous doing mostly local bridleways, moorland and quite a bit of steep technical rock paths nearby to where I live.

At just over 40, being quite overweight (18st) and with a lower back injury, e-biking has really helped me get out and get fitter but removes the worry of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere! I've clocked up nearly 250 miles in 9 months and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! Getting a 42T Lekkie Bling Ring from Brighton eBikes helped with uphill struggles quite significantly!

I think I'm ready for something different to the Giant now, so I've just bought a newer bike: A Norco Torrent 7.2 2016 (27.5+ size) that I aim to swap the kit onto soon. Unfortunately the Dolphin pack I bought to go in the Giant frame is too big so looking to get a pack made up from somewhere (already in talks with some frequent users on here e.g. Jimmy @ BGA). Look out for that Dolphin pack in the classifieds soon! :)

I've put some pics on here to hopefully show some of the stuff you can accomplish with a bit of courage (or maybe stupidity!?) and a self-fit e-bike kit!

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_4707.JPG IMG_4751.JPG IMG_4754.JPG IMG_4767.JPG IMG_5083.JPG IMG_5692.JPG IMG_5862.JPG IMG_5865.JPG IMG_5876.JPG

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Evening SiBob :)

Gaz