Hello everyone, looking forward to learning from your wisdom and experience

Helenf

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2017
bedfordshire
There are so many manufacturers and so many features to look for. I live in Bedfordshire and am getting on a bit, and have a gammy leg, but I do want to be able to get up hills and use a bike for day to day travelling, and sometimes go a bit further afield, also to take it on the car when I go places so want one for utility and fun. Reliable and easy to maintain too.I'm average height for a woman and am prepared to travel a bit to find a good shop with staff who will help me find a suitable one.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Helen,

would Southend be too far for you to travel to?
I am sure I can find the perfect bike for you.

D

Deleted member 4366

Checkout Cyclezee in Milton Keynes, a long-standing forum member. Tell him that I sent you there and that I said that he'd give you a good discount if you asked nicely or pled your case. Ezee bikes are very reliable, have an independent throttle if you need it, and they're quite powerful when you need the power.

http://cyclezee.com/index.html

It looks like he's messed up his website links. he has the bikes in his pricelist, but i don't see links to the bikes. if you want to check them out in the meantime, get the namees from the pricelist and search on Google what they are.

eZee Sprint Primo GTS (diamond frame) from £795
eZee Sprint Primo LDS (diamond frame) from £795
eZee Street Mk2 from £995
eZee Sprint GTS 8 (diamond frame) from £1295
eZee Sprint LDS 8 (stepthru frame) from £1295
eZee Torq Mk3 eZee from £1295
eZee Forza Mk2 from £1295
eZee Expedir LTS from £1695

Last edited by a moderator:

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
My finest advice would be try everything and see what is right for you something could be perfect for someone might not be for someone else

Second hand Ebikes market is not great definitely you won't get what you would like to get for one

Helenf

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2017
bedfordshire
Hello Helen,

would Southend be too far for you to travel to?
I am sure I can find the perfect bike for you.
Never been to Southend, once accidentally went to Billericay
, though when I lived over in Essex! I could try for a day at the seaside :)
Will take a look at the website

Helenf

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2017
bedfordshire
Thanks d8veh, certainly MK is very easy for me especially with a recommendation. Both Oxford and Cambridge are within relatively easy reach, and there seems to be a shop south of Hitchin. Also at the moment I'm travelling up to Yorkshire to help sick parents, so although it wouldn't be ideal from the point of view of servicing etc, it would be a possibility to go somewhere in W Yorkshire, or places near the M1. I have a bit of a fantasy about taking one up there when I get one, so there is the issue of the hills too.

Helenf

Just Joined
Apr 19, 2017
bedfordshire
PArt of why I want one is to help get a bit fitter, and lose some excess weight; with my leg problem I find it hard to walk for any distance, and am desperate to get my muscles back into shape to help with the rest of my life, and help me as far as possible shake of the remnants of depression. A day of pushing myself physically can lead to several days getting over it . My children bought me a cheap secondhand one for my birthday which was wonderful of them, but it is so heavy, it's ok they won't be offended that I'm looking for a new one, they know that it it is not ideal

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I would recommend you try out a bike like the Petite.
It's lightweight, with a long range battery (15AH), it has 5 assist levels and a full throttle.
On a low assist level like 1 or 2, the bike makes pedaling very pleasant, encouraging you to go out. On higher assist levels, it will climb almost any hill. If you don't want to pedal, you can ride it on throttle.
The front wheel has quick release. The bike is a bit shorter than a normal full size 26". If you have a 4 door car, you can actually take the front wheel off and carry the bike inside the car, behind the front seats.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?petite