Hello Everyone

Antonio Podesta

Just Joined
May 4, 2018
Wolverhampton
Hello there, my name is Antonio. My doctors advised me that I cannot drive my car anymore. I was a bit downcast. Someone suggested I started riding a bike, but at 62 yrs with health problems I didn't think I would get far on it. Then I wondered if I could use an e-bike. So literally in less than 7 days I have had to try to research e-bikes. I tried to guide my way through the maize of trying to find out what would be a good bike for the total beginner. After looking at several on the Internet I decided to look more in-depth at the Raleigh Array. My local cyclist shop is very near to me, so I telephoned them and without any prompt from me they said that the best bike for a beginner that they stock is the Raleigh Array. They give a 10% discount so they are selling it for £999. There is a 2 year warranty on nearly all of the parts and they have not had any returns on the bikes already sold. So, next Friday I am collecting my very first e-bike. My question is, does anyone know anything about this e-bike? I only want to use it for local shopping and going to my local church. Will probably never go on a journey for more than five miles. Do you think the Array is a good choice for me?

Thanks for reading this rambling introduction.

Best wishes to you all.

Antonio.

D

Deleted member 22539

Hi welcome

Get a test ride and see how it feels
Having a shop near by is a great bonus
My local shop that sells ebikes that I want is 100 miles away

D

Deleted member 4366

Any electric bike will be OK for what you say you want, but I guess that you'll like it so much that you'll be using it a lot more than you think. Personally, I'd have gone with a standard Chinese bike because they'll always be easier to fix and service in the long-term, but not many local dealers have them, except the Halfords Carrera Vengeance E:
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/electric-bikes/carrera-vengeance-e-mens-electric-mountain-bike-16-18-20-frames?rmsrc=1&cm_mmc=Google-_-EB - Electric Bikes - Product-_-Carrera Vengeance Electric Bike-_-ad&source=ppc&_$ja=tsid:35522|cid:906145803|agid:48754978207|tid:aud-80976661069:kwd-345411713669|crid:265854274045|nw:g|rnd:3070643754997060464|dvc:c|adp:1t1|mt:b|loc:1007151&gclid=Cj0KCQjwz7rXBRD9ARIsABfBl833fhT_GZVNOnVEd9v5D7yIzTftBZLNFVI-nTVERmEZu4sM4koWYksaAqLQEALw_wcB