Hello from California, land of the E-MTB haters...not for long though

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2017
Bay Area, Ca
Some essential upgrades!

The stock 2X drivetrain gotta go! Converted to 1x10 drivetrain with KMC's ebike chain

Didn't like the stock tires. Gotta have my Maxxis rubber back! Minion DHF/HR2 combo

Also removed a bunch of decals to give it a better minimalist look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Heading out your way in August. West coast trip with family, so no riding for me, but your area looks beautiful. Usual tourist stuff, san fran, LA and parks like Bryce etc.

I first got into e-bikes when i was in the Alps, swiss/french border. some serious mountains their with some serious mtbers, so i figures if they rate these bikes i'm going to try one. Enough said. :)

Love the minimalist look!

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2017
Bay Area, Ca
Heading out your way in August. West coast trip with family, so no riding for me, but your area looks beautiful. Usual tourist stuff, san fran, LA and parks like Bryce etc.

I first got into e-bikes when i was in the Alps, swiss/french border. some serious mountains their with some serious mtbers, so i figures if they rate these bikes i'm going to try one. Enough said. :)

Love the minimalist look!
August will be hot here in California. When you make it out to San Francisco, Marin county is just over the Golden Gate Bridge. Some amazing trails there.

If you can somehow find 2-3 hours for a ride. There are many bike shops where you could rent a Turbo Levo or Haibike. Camp Tamarancho is a must see!

Send me a message. I might be able to ride with you. If Im free.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
what is the crack over there with dongles/ removing the speed limit?

any one had there bike taken buy the police?

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
August will be hot here in California. When you make it out to San Francisco, Marin county is just over the Golden Gate Bridge. Some amazing trails there.

If you can somehow find 2-3 hours for a ride. There are many bike shops where you could rent a Turbo Levo or Haibike. Camp Tamarancho is a must see!

Send me a message. I might be able to ride with you. If Im free.
Thanks, cool offer. I'm out their for 3 weeks and in San Fran area for 4 days. I'll mail you near the time. Just hope i can keep up :)

Keep in touch these forums have members from all over the world. I'm heading for the Alps Mountains in May so will post some pictures of me in
A&E!!!:eek:

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
So far I haven't heard of anyone being stopped for riding an ebike, I doubt they'll even know if the bike is dongled. I dont have a need for one, so I'll keep It "as-is"....for now!
If or when you fit a dongle look at the bikespeed rs. Once you fit one you won't go back.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Haha, the "die hard" side of me says dont cheat the cheater bike even more. But! Time will tell...for the meanwhile I love my rig as is.

None of it's cheating / cheating who. I also ride non assigned bikes, just love my e-bike more at the moment.

Pinoy-E-MTBer

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2017
Bay Area, Ca
Dude I know, the "cheater" comment is an inside joke. My E-MTB have taken my riding to whole other level of fun! Something "cycling purists" simply cant comprehend.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A