Hello from Glasgow

Roobarb

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 5, 2017
Renfrewshire
Hello I am a 44 year old woman from just outside Glasgow looking for my first electric bike. I just want it for pootling around locally really and don't have bags of money to spend £1000 or maybe a little more for the right bike. I had considered biting the bullet and going for a more high end one with a view to cycling to work but I don't think I would stick to doing that so going to aim a bit more realistic!

I am quite overweight and have a very fit hubby and 2 active boys so going out on the normal bike with them is a slog and how difficult it is puts me off cycling more. I hired an electric bike on holiday and loved it, it was so great to enjoy a wee bike ride and not be huffing and puffing and tired, although still feeling I had got a decent exercise.

I have been looking at bikes in the shops and thinking of either the Pendleton somerby or Raleigh array depending on which one I like the feel of best when I ride it.

Anyway that was an essay and a half so hi and bye everyone for now!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
Hello roobarb,yet another one from Glasgow I would think your budget of £1000 Is plenty for what your planning on using the bike for,I think most if not all of the bike shops in Glasgow now stock ebikes,there's also a few trade members on the forum who seem to be popular with a lot of folk,I don't know if the have dealers in Glasgow though.

• Agree
Reactions: Roobarb

Roobarb

Aug 5, 2017
Renfrewshire
Thank you Tabs

The bike I tried on holiday was a Volt Kensington it was great but maybe just a bit out of my price range.

pgwyse

Jul 21, 2017
Glasgow
I got my Motus from Bikechain in Scotstoun, Dumbarton Road, a caring chap called Kevin. They have the Array in stock and will let you try it out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Roobarb

Roobarb

Aug 5, 2017
Renfrewshire
Well I ended up with a Raleigh captus. Tried the motus but decided to go for the captus given I had already gone beyond my supposed price range! Got the version with 700 cc wheels and hub rather than derailleur gears. Can't wait to start using it regularly.

Reactions: tommie and pgwyse

pgwyse

Jul 21, 2017
Glasgow
Well I ended up with a Raleigh captus. Tried the motus but decided to go for the captus given I had already gone beyond my supposed price range! Got the version with 700 cc wheels and hub rather than derailleur gears. Can't wait to start using it regularly.
Congratulations Roobarb
I'm sure you'll have many enjoyable pedals with it. When I first had my Motus I had to adjust the hub cable about 6 times in the first two days. It might be worth your while watch some YouTube videos on that. The cable has not needed to be adjusted since.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk