Hello from Gloucestershire

TomL

Just Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Gloucestershire
Hello, I'm 52 and trying to get fitter, have bought a Carrera Crossfire from Halfords in their January sale and have to say I'm very pleased with it. Not that I know much about these things, my current push bike is 25 years old. I'm going out on 7-10 mile rides each day (I work from home so lucky to be able to do that). I use Strava on the iPhone and Apple Watch and have FINALLY figured out how to get that working together. I do need to take it back to Halfords to get them to tweak the gears, but this was why I bought from a local shop. They also gave me a free 1 year maintenance plan. So I do have some peace of mind. I almost bought one off the net but then thought, no there is too much to go wrong and then what do you do?

Eurydice

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 23, 2018
South West
Hi Tom.
I'm really new too, and have no idea about which bike to go for, I did have a go on the one you've bought and I fell in love with pedelecs. Really looking forward to owing my own.

I used to live in Gloucestershire years ago :)

Kat x

Reactions: LeighPing

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
Picking up a Volt ebike, this coming Saturday, from a dealer in Cheltenham. Like Tom, my old faithful is 27 years young. I am 60+, with 2 knee replacements in 2017. I am in a need of some TLC fitness!