Hello from Leicestershire

Xbow

Just Joined
Mar 8, 2018
Leicestershire
Hi all, Tim here from Leicestershire. Dipped into the forum over the last couple of years and found it to be very informative so thought it was about time I signed up and introduced myself.

Semi-retired now so plenty of opportunity to get out and enjoy my bike which I’ve had for about 3 years now, it’s a Fast Forward Peak and I must say it’s been great fun and 100% reliable, I’ve put over 5000 miles on it, never had a puncture in the Kenda tyres (which still have some wear left) and the battery still holds its charge well, the only thing I’ve replaced are the brake blocks with Clarke’s which seem to have lasted twice as long as the originals. I treated myself to a suspension seat post which has been great, some new studded mtb pedals and a water bottle cage plus a pair of bar ends which have been great for the wrists, stripped all the mudguards off which weren’t particularly effective. A great bike for the money.

My wife was really impressed with some of the tales I told her of my journeys and the distances travelled and even more wowed when she had a go on the bike, particularly the throttle! so we got her a Batribike Diamond Pro a couple of years ago which again seems to be a good solid reliable bike which she really enjoys getting out on especially when the weathers better.

A couple of weeks ago we became the proud owners of 2 new Kudos Secrets with the 10.4Ah batteries, purchased direct from Kudos and were very pleased with the service we received. These bikes are destined for Portugal with us on Monday to be kept in our compact apartment in the East Algarve where they’ll become our main transport each time we visit. I researched folding bikes throughly before deciding on the Secrets and having read lots of reviews including on this forum decided to get them. Absolutely brilliant! Lightweight, well engineered and really nippy, a good price too. The East Algarve’s relatively flat so we’re hoping to get some decent rides in, making good use of the cycle path infrastructure which as most European countries is very good.

Hope I’ve not bored you all to much...Tim

Reactions: Gaz and oyster

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Remember to leave batteries partly charged 60% if not using for few months.
I'm happy to provide a battery checking service - for travel expenses and accommodation :rolleyes:

Gaz