Hello from Poland

teiwaz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2018
Hi, my name is Darek and i own 2 old(I believe 2010 and 2012) Flyer ebikes with 26v panasonic middrive. First of all I wanted to sincerly thank flecc for his site about panasonic motors and post on this forum as they were super useful and educational. My first ebike i bought last year without any research just to see how it works. I decides to mid drive as it was best suiting my highlandish area:) I bought the chepest second hand mid drive I could find and it came out to be swiss Flyer. I was amazed by the quality of build and was in love since the first ride. This year i bought another a bit newer flyer model with nicer frame but same engine (battery compatibility ;)) but i was a bit more fatigued at least on the outsice since it had milage of only about 1300km. A bit of mixing parts from the older one and some maintanance and now I'm proud owner of two flyers:) The older one is used ocasionaly by my wife, the newer one I use to ride to work (about 24km one way in hilly area) .
I hope kind users of this forum will help my with any problems I'll encounter during my bike usage. And I'll be happy to share my experience with both of my bikes:

Last edited:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi Darek, welcome to Pedelecs and nice bikes BTW. Just out of interest, how popular are electric bikes in Poland? Is there a big interest in DIY bikes, or do Polish people prefer ready built bikes?

teiwaz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2018
Thanks for warm welcome. In Poland in general ebikes are not so popular but in my city you can often see some while riding mountain tracks. Usualy they are self made on falcon like frames with 1-3kW hub engines. Have seen some bikes with bosh mid drives too, but DIY kits are more common i think. Never met any other panasonic pedelec in my area though :)