Hello from Rochdale, will get a Wisper soon.

alraz

Just Joined
Jan 6, 2018
Rochdale
Hi all, just bought a new bike the Wisper 905 SE crossbar 575kw, should be able to pick from dealer in Warrington next Saturday.

Main reason for purchasing was so I could do the 13 mile commute to and from work each way to and from Manchester central. I've used a road bike a few times but don't feel safe when traveling through traffic especially on the dual carriageway A roads also can be a long hard slog especially up the hills. Should hopefully get fitter traveling in regularly and save some money in the long run.

I'm 37 weigh roughly 100kg, Hopefully I've made the right choice and it will power me up the hills and also get me to work quicker than on my road bike and get me fitter, i'm aiming to try and lose at least 12kg. too.

I tried out the Oxygen S-Cross CB before the Wisper before i made my choice, The Oxygen is actually a very nice bike with the in frame battery and the 700c tyres. Also the dealer is closer to me and were very helpful, also it can be deristricted easily through the controller though you lose your warranty. I thought the whole package overall of the Wisper was better.

Usually takes me an hour to get in to work by car sometimes more dependent on traffic., if I can get in in the same time or quicker, I will be quite pleased.

Reactions: D C

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello alraz :)

Good choice for a commuter bike.

Gaz

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Llandudno Wisperer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
Welcome to the forum. I have a Wisper 705se and have been very pleased with it. (have a look at my blog in the Blogs Section) I use mine for pleasure only but I am sure yours will flatten out the hills between Manchester and Rochdale. My ex boss used to do this run, on a road bike, but only in the summer.
I am an ex Rochdalian. Got a job there straight from teacher training college. Was only going to stay a couple of years but ended up spending my whole teaching career there.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi, I purchased a Wisper 905se about 3 months ago after having a disastrous time with a Carrera from Halfords ie cutting out saga, the Wisper is great and does what it says on the box, a wise choice going for the 575kw battery i went for the 375kw and in hindsight would have been better with the 575kw due to the amount of hills in Macclesfield. Having lived in North Manchester you should be fine as the terrain is not as extreme as Macclesfield.

Llandudno Wisperer

Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
I can get up the Little Orme on my 705E and have cycled around the Great Orme. Also my bike will cope with the very steep section of the cycle path at the quarries at Llandulas when I am going towards Rhyl, but not coming back, where the slope is longer and in one place steeper. However, on a very low geared mountain bike, I can get up this slope. It doesn't bother me, just walk the few yards I can't get up.
My Wisper would certainly get me up all the hills around Rochdale. We used to live on a hill in Norden and it would sail up that.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Having read your blogs on the routes around North Wales and finding them very interesting we will be attempting to do some of them this year as my brother in law lives in Penrhyn Bay and we visit quite often. Have you got the 575 battery on your 705?.

Llandudno Wisperer

Jul 6, 2017
North Wales
No, just the 375w battery. I find this adequate for what I need it for at the moment. I have not been as fit for years. The routes I have done so far have been fairly flat. When it gets a bit warmer I want to explore cycle routes inland. The first one I would like to do is from Porth Penrhyn at Bangor, along the old slate railway to Tregarth and then inland to Lyn Ogwen. When I cycled from Penrhyn Bay to Penmaenmawr and back I climbed over 3000 feet on the journey, according to my OS app and covered 28 miles and I still had plenty of battery left.(3 bars I think)

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi, I purchased a Wisper 905se about 3 months ago after having a disastrous time with a Carrera from Halfords ie cutting out saga, the Wisper is great and does what it says on the box, a wise choice going for the 575kw battery i went for the 375kw and in hindsight would have been better with the 575kw due to the amount of hills in Macclesfield. Having lived in North Manchester you should be fine as the terrain is not as extreme as Macclesfield.
We know what you mean, but you and the other guys are getting your units a bit mixed up. 575kw would drive a 40 ton truck. Battery capacity is measured in watt-hours (wh), so it's a 575wh battery. The other often used capacity units are amp-hours (Ah), so a 575wh battery is 16Ah.

So, not 575w, not 575kw, not 16A, but 575wh or 16Ah.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Alraz, I saw your order this morning, thank you for investing in a Wisper.

Your bike is being prepared now and will go out today or maybe tomorrow as we are unusually busy for January! Are you OK with Warrington?

All the best, David