Hello from Sevenoaks

Neilgriff

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 20, 2017
Kent
Hi everyone,

Firsly, congratulations on a very informative forum and website.

After riding a friends gtech and reading this forum over the weekend, and testing a very heavy Carrera Crossfire in Halfords, I decided to buy a gtech sport last night as I know I can return it Within 2 weeks if I am not satisfied.

After many years riding a motor bike and riding cycles in Holland where I lived for a while I am looking for a bike that I can commute to the train station which is 4 miles away, but results in a 1 mile steep hill climb on the way home. So looking for a lightweight, inexpensive road bike that will help my commute. I am mid 50’s now and a little overweight at 85 kilos, but I think an e bike will be an ideal solution.

I am not convinced the gtech sport will cut the mustard so to speak, but the hills where I live will be a good test. I also plan to visit Kudos to look at some crank powered as I read these will probably give me the torque needed for my hill climb.

I will share my experience with the bike if there is interest and will seek advice on alternatives.

Neil

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Wisper/ Amps bikes are in 7oaks, have you popped in to take a look at their offerings, they have via David Miall a good presence on here and a very good cs service and parts availability.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Alternative to the Kudos Alamo/stealth have a look at the Woosh Karoo.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks Neath,

Hi Neil, you would be most welcome to come and have a chat, and try a few bikes. We are on the Chaucer Trading Estate in Kemsing.

We currently have a good range of ex demo bikes, hardly used.

Please give me a call and I will look after you personally. 07733 226906

all the best, David

Last edited:

Neilgriff

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 20, 2017
Kent
Hi David,

I called your number a few times yesterday (and also dropped by the shop). The van was there and security gate open, but you were closed.

I did have a good look at your bikes online, but I think the design and size of gtech will suit me fine now that I have it in my possession.

Thanks.

Neil

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Neil, thanks for your interest.

Sorry not to have been about for you.

We have a warehouse and work shop in Kemsing. We don’t ysually retail and don’t open at the weekend. Claud was in but could well have been at our other unit.

I am pleased that you currently feel the Gtech is right for you. It’s a nice bike.

If you have a change of heart we still have a few ex demos still available at reduced prices.

All the best, David