Hello from sunny Shildon

HelenJayne

Just Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Shildon
I’m a newbie to this crazy world of ebikes. I used to ride to work but had to stop couple years back, now well enough to start up again however the my bod isn’t up to riding my old jalopy up hills anymore.

I’m over weight and only 5’3” and initially want to ride to work (about 4 miles each way with couple big hills) but also to do longer rides at weekends. Not sure whether to stretch to buy the highest spec (liking the look of Juicy Roller but not the price!) as I know weight effects battery performance so is it best to get the Extended range battery.

I’ve booked a test ride on the Roller on Saturday.....does anyone have one or is there a cheaper alternative that anyone can recommend.

D

Deleted member 4366

Have a look in your local Halfords for the Pendleton to have a test ride. Its list price is about £750, but you can get a 10% discount if you join British Cycling first, which costs £25. You can then get another 3% if you join any of the cashback schemes, like Quidco. Finally, they often give their own discounts on bank holiday weekends (Easter), so, if you time it right, you could get one for £750 -10% -10% -3% +£25 = £614.

HelenJayne

Just Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Shildon
Have a look in your local Halfords for the Pendleton to have a test ride. Its list price is about £750, but you can get a 10% discount if you join British Cycling first, which costs £25. You can then get another 3% if you join any of the cashback schemes, like Quidco. Finally, they often give their own discounts on bank holiday weekends (Easter), so, if you time it right, you could get one for £750 -10% -10% -3% +£25 = £614.
Thanks d8veh for this, the price point seems so much better. I’m definitely going to arrange a test ride. Checked online and they are already reduced to £600 ! Watch this space

HelenJayne

Just Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Shildon
Hi!

Welcome,

I would think a 375wh/400wh battery would be fine for a 8 mile round trip, despite hills.

Would you be able to charge up at work?

Maybe check this Pulse out

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Pulse-ZL-2-Womens-2018-Electric-Hybrid-Bike_117471.htm

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Hi and thanks for suggestion, I’ve never heard of these before, I really like the look of this bike. I definitely need to research some more. Yes I can charge at work so guessing taking the battery off and on is a consideration.