Hello from Telford, Shropshire

Pete Telford

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 18, 2011
Telford, Shropshire
Hi everyone - 50 yr old from Telford in Shropshire. Decided to get an EBike for the daily commute (less than 2 miles all on flat, cycle paths - and I use my car!). I had tried biking to work but such a drag when a nice warm and dry car awaited on the drive - but actually I was more worried about the harm it is causing to the car (an Alfa Romeo) with all those short trips. Fuel consumption is silly too for such a short trip.

Anyway, have been aware of ebikes for a while but was not impressed by heavy lead acid batteries. Then I saw Li Ion technology had arrived and interest rekindled.

Only one shop in Telford and all they had was a Powabyke X-6 - whereas I really wanted a folder so when I bike to work and its chucking it down come home time I can call the missus to come and get me!

After some change of direction, I wanted a trial - first place I called in the Midlands was not very accommodating as they only do tests in the week - and I cant get out. They were not able to meet me at a weekend so they lost the sale. Then I discovered JuicyBikes and this forum where they sounded like they knew what they were doing and within range for a day trip. Anyway, two weeks ago, went along (sadly Bob was out) and was allowed to go on a series of ever more ambitious test runs on my own for a couple of hours. I was absolutely astonished by the hill climbing as well as exhilarating on the flat. After that the least I could do was to buy the bike and take it home.

I bought an Urban 20 folder. And I love it. For what I want its excellent and already I have made a trip or two in some different directions to the planned commute. Biggest problem is having to stop and explain it all to the very interested walkers I pass - even the little kids in the road declared it "cool".

I will do a proper review when I have a few more miles under its tyres but so far it seems great.

Peter

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi Peter and welcome to the forum.

Juicybikes get much praise on these pages from happy users and opinion and feedback on the various makes and models is always welcome so I look forward to your comments in due course.

Enjoy power-assisted cycling.

Indalo

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Peter
I'm really pleased you are enjoying the bike and it has been a real pleasure to hear your feedback.
I will pass your comments on to the Team in the shop (Trudy, Sarah, Rowan, Matt and Joe).

Welcome to the Juicy Bike Gang!

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Hi Peter glad to hear you are enjoying your bike so much. Look forward to reading an indepth review.