Hello

Zack @ Byocycles

Official Trade Member
Nov 17, 2015
Havant
www.byocycles.co.uk
Does anyone know anything about batribikes, or byocycle bikes? Are they well established, are they any good. And any other Info about them or their bikes?
I know a few things about the Byocycles bikes :)

Byocycles as a company has been around for 10 years, started off with just one very basic model, now we have a full range of 8 bikes and a warehouse full of spare parts ready to ship at a moments notice!

I've been with Byocycles coming up to a year now, coming from a cycle retail background I am hardwired to be customer driven.

The Zest or Zest+ bikes would be perfect for you, 16" frame, 26" wheel, mid range components, Samsung battery technology.

The Zest comes in at £999, the Zest + is £1099, some of our retailers are currently clearing stock to make way of the new models that are coming for the summer! :)

If you were after a folding bike, the Chameleon LS is a good match for 95% of people, and with your height you'd be the perfect size for it, I love the chameleon just because it's quite elegant, and incredibly practical.

If you have any further questions about our range, please feel free to send me a PM, reply or drop me a call on 02392 488 362, I'm always happy to help.

And also, all of the above are available with a throttle for a very limited time! :)

Thanks,

Zack P
Byocycles

Reactions: yaffa and Clara

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Thanks for the Info on the byocycle. Much appreciated. I saw a video of it on YouTube.

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Hi. I live in mid Wales, and bike shops are err nowhere to be seen. Lol
I think there are some shops around Hereford which sell electric bikes. Not sure how far that would be for you.

I think it is defiantly best to try before you buy. Maybe there's somewhere in lovely Wales where you could hire a bike to at least get a feel for what sort of bike you want.

I tried a FreeGo Wren which is suitablefor smaller riders. I quite liked it it was well made and basic(a bit like me!)

Last edited:

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
I know a few things about the Byocycles bikes :)

Byocycles as a company has been around for 10 years, started off with just one very basic model, now we have a full range of 8 bikes and a warehouse full of spare parts ready to ship at a moments notice!

I've been with Byocycles coming up to a year now, coming from a cycle retail background I am hardwired to be customer driven.

The Zest or Zest+ bikes would be perfect for you, 16" frame, 26" wheel, mid range components, Samsung battery technology.

The Zest comes in at £999, the Zest + is £1099, some of our retailers are currently clearing stock to make way of the new models that are coming for the summer! :)

If you were after a folding bike, the Chameleon LS is a good match for 95% of people, and with your height you'd be the perfect size for it, I love the chameleon just because it's quite elegant, and incredibly practical.

If you have any further questions about our range, please feel free to send me a PM, reply or drop me a call on 02392 488 362, I'm always happy to help.

And also, all of the above are available with a throttle for a very limited time! :)

Thanks,

Zack P
Byocycles
A couple was just picking up their new folding Biocycle when I went to Ebikes direct on Saturday. It looked very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clara

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Well. I have finally made my choice, but first I would like to say a big thank you to Scott at roodog bikes, and to byocycles, and juicy bikes and to david at wisper for having the patience to answer all of my questions.

My choice is, the wisper 806 classic. I know that a lot of people don't like folders, but to be honest I have always liked them. For the style and kind of cycling I do they are perfect. I don't go far, and I don't go fast. I don't commute nor do I need a bike for shopping. In my case it is purely for pleasure. I have another non electric folder that I used to put into my car and used whenever the fancy took me.

I chose the classic because I liked the styling of it over the 806SE. It has the classic wisper clean lines, and I like the classi. Black colour as well.

I should receive my bike within the next.2 days and I can't wait to be honest. I only hope this rains stops so that I can try it out.

I will do a review of the bike when it arrives. Once again big thank you to everyone here who helped me and gave me advise.

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Well. I have finally made my choice, but first I would like to say a big thank you to Scott at roodog bikes, and to byocycles, and juicy bikes and to david at wisper for having the patience to answer all of my questions.

My choice is, the wisper 806 classic. I know that a lot of people don't like folders, but to be honest I have always liked them. For the style and kind of cycling I do they are perfect. I don't go far, and I don't go fast. I don't commute nor do I need a bike for shopping. In my case it is purely for pleasure. I have another non electric folder that I used to put into my car and used whenever the fancy took me.

I chose the classic because I liked the styling of it over the 806SE. It has the classic wisper clean lines, and I like the classi. Black colour as well.

I should receive my bike within the next.2 days and I can't wait to be honest. I only hope this rains stops so that I can try it out.

I will do a review of the bike when it arrives. Once again big thank you to everyone here who helped me and gave me advise.
Have fun with it Clara. I must admit I've taken a while to fall in love with my bike. Partly down to my back delaying my riding at the start then a problem trying to get the saddle to stay put! The weather has not helped lately either.
Put I think I'm beginning to get the hang of using the gears and level of assistance to my advantage. I try to use the minimum level of assistance but on occasion, like Monday when the heavens opened, I used the max. assistance to get me home quicker.
Welcome to the Wisper club!

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
I am absolutely gutted. The shop I bought my bike from had 1 classic in stock and 2 orders. And I was the second order.

So it is back to the drawing board. Im very upset at the moment, but never mind I suppose. I loved the lines of the classic.. lets see what I can find.

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
I am absolutely gutted. The shop I bought my bike from had 1 classic in stock and 2 orders. And I was the second order.

So it is back to the drawing board. Im very upset at the moment, but never mind I suppose. I loved the lines of the classic.. lets see what I can find.
Oh dear Clara that's a shame.
Have you considered the latest 805 versions? I'm assuming the Classic was an older discontinued version.

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hey Clara,

Really sorry to hear that the classic isn't available.

We've just got these in stock:

Just £849!

And shortly we'll have these in stock for just £724.99

Thanks, but I really have my heart set on nexus hub geas as they are less hassle than normal ones.

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Oh dear Clara that's a shame.
Have you considered the latest 805 versions? I'm assuming the Classic was an older discontinued version.
Thanks. I am waiting for one more phone call. If they dont have the classic then I will go for the 806 torque.

Reactions: yaffa

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Clara,

The Torque also has the Nexus and is a better bike than the Classic, much more powerful and is one of the few folding ebikes to have a torque sensor.

806Torque.jpg

It's an excellent bike, if you wanted one I would need to contact a Wisper stockist for you. The bikes from my June and July deliveries have all been snapped up by the trade, but I am certain I can find one for you.

Kind regards

David

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Hi Clara,

The Torque also has the Nexus and is a better bike than the Classic, much more powerful and is one of the few folding ebikes to have a torque sensor.

View attachment 14399

It's an excellent bike, if you wanted one I would need to contact a Wisper stockist for you. The bikes from my June and July deliveries have all been snapped up by the trade, but I am certain I can find one for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi david. Many thanks. Yes I am very interested. Email sent. I look forward to your reply

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
I have just. Spoken to ebikes direct and am now the proud owner of a wisper 806 torque. I can't thank David and the dealer enough for all the help they have given me. I will make sure I do a review of the bike.