Hello :-)

Bagpuss

Pedelecer
May 9, 2016
nuneaton
Just joined as my lovely mum has offered to buy me an electric bike to get out and about, mainly to get to the farm where I keep my horse...the distance is just beyond me on my normal bike although for the super sporty it's probably easy.... I'm not very fit, not very sporty and quite a bit heavier than I should be. I have only confused myself looking at the vast range of bikes on offer so will likely be asking lots of question and will be having a look through the forums on here. Sam.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
I just brought my first ebike,it's coming tomorrow. I was so confused by all the options that were available. I have gone for a Wisper 705 Torque.

Really you need to try out some bikes to feel what's best for you. I was getting hung up on all the technical details but really it's all about how the bike rides and whether it suits you.

I tried a few bikes ranging from £800- £2000 pounds all were good. I tried bikes with mid drives(Shimano Steps & Bosch) and front & rear hub drives. All delivered power well just felt very different in the way that power applied to your ride.

I wanted to do most of the pedalling myself (just need some hill assistance!) so I choose my bike with this in mind, the gears felt good as do the position of the levers.

Obviously only time will tell if I've made the right choice.
Have fun looking for your bike.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Welcome to the forum Bagpus, as Yaffa has already said, the best advice is try before you buy. There are a lot of bikes that look OK, but the ride is normally the most important consideration.

All the best and good luck, David

Reactions: Bagpuss

Bagpuss

Pedelecer
May 9, 2016
nuneaton
Hi, of course you're absolutely right, I would like to try before I decide but I don't think it's going to be an option. I am going to call Halfords about a test ride but as far as I know there is 1 other bike shop sort of near where I live but it's still 2 bus rides away, not a million miles but I admit I'm a wimp and I don't know if they even retail electric bikes. That's the reason I posted on here, I wanted to hear peoples experiences and recommendations as I knew a trial wasn't going to be likely.

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Hi
If you don't get to try a bike and you just get one from the advice you get on here, we may need a bit more info on what you want the bike to do,
IE, how far you want to go, is there lots of hill and do you want to do some of the work or let the bike do the work for you.

Bagpuss

Pedelecer
May 9, 2016
nuneaton
Hi
If you don't get to try a bike and you just get one from the advice you get on here, we may need a bit more info on what you want the bike to do,
IE, how far you want to go, is there lots of hill and do you want to do some of the work or let the bike do the work for you.
Hi, all that info in another thread on here, which bike I think the thread is :)

yaffa

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2016
Kent
Hi Bagpuss
I went to my local 2 Halfords but they didn't have any ebikes on show so check before you go.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My local Halfrauds had no e bikes either so I had a look at thrie pedal bikes, wish I hadn't mot one interested me at all not even for a kit conversion.

Reactions: Bagpuss