Hello

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
vertical dropout.
Horizontal dropout is only needed for rear BPM with IGH.

that depends on the donor bike.

Yes. Although I would recommend the rear SWX02 instead of the rear BPM.
You get 90% of the push and save nearly 1.5kg in weight.
Interesting how does that motor stack up against the G06 thats going on your Crusa model woosh (sorry don't know your real name)

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I agree with Woosh, this is where we differ. I would rather use top end lightweight forks than basic TG or Zoom sus forks. The solid forks we have designed are more expensive but I think it's worth the extra for the excellent ride and weight saving. For those that want suspension forks on our SE models our retailers will install decent Suntour forks to match the frame colour of our bikes, with lock out and pre load for a supliment.

All the best, David
I don't think cost has much to do with it David.
We have a large range of bikes to suit customers while you optimize a small range. That's the main difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Interesting how does that motor stack up against the G06 thats going on your Crusa model woosh (sorry don't know your real name)
The G01, G02 and G06 will eventually replace our current Bafang motors.

Tony

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I'm not familiar with the fork on Wisper bikes, but a reasonable quality cro-moly steel fork will give much more comfort than a cheap suspension fork.

Ill-informed buyers who think they are well-informed refuse to believe that so makers slap on a cheap and nasty sus fork.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Andy, the slip was a big factor, we have very recently moved from front to rear on our folders. Our hi Torque motors spin a front wheel if started in assistance levels 3 or 4.

We also don't like the gyroscopic effect of a FWD and the weight of a front motor can destabilise the bike when on a stand.

A rear motor is also more difficult to hear whilst riding making the whole experience of electric biking more pleasant.

All the best, David

Reactions: Andy88

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
As you can see from my icon my forks are aluminium with an Ezee (bpm type) motor and torque arm. No Problems.
To the OP.
Hub kits are easy to install, front hub easiest of all, if you're handy with the spanners. If you buy a complete kit, not seperate components, they are plug and play. Shouldn't be any electronics to deal with.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Rob, we have currently 3 bikes with rigid forks and are adding one more next month, the Rio FB (fat bike). I certainly have no complaint with rigid forks, the choice is the customers' alone. The majority of our customers prefer bikes with suspension. The companion of the Rio FB is the new Rio MTB, arriving in the same shipment. The Rio MTB has RST Omega suspension fork.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Thanks Tony, you are a Star.
So if putting a G06 or SWX02 on the back of a bike there is no need to change the forks to steel on an aluminum bike?

Do you have any kit prices for the aforementioned motors I can't see on your site?

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Rob, we have currently 3 bikes with rigid forks and are adding one more next month, the Rio FB (fat bike). I certainly have no complaint with rigid forks, the choice is the customers' alone. The majority of our customers prefer bikes with suspension.
I suppose a lot revolves around where the customer plans to ride? Smooth surfaces or bumpy?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
I'm not familiar with the fork on Wisper bikes, but a reasonable quality cro-moly steel fork will give much more comfort than a cheap suspension fork.

Ill-informed buyers who think they are well-informed refuse to believe that so makers slap on a cheap and nasty sus fork.
Hi Rob, it's a tricky one. We are all competing with each other and a bike with even cheap sus forks looks better to some misinformed buyers. We took a big gamble designing and tooling then installing what we believe to be a far better solution, it does seem to have paid off though. We get nothing but praise for the way the SE bike handles. They are particularly popular with motor home owners who appreciate the weight difference.

All the best, David

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
I thought VanVan the second I saw Toecutter ;) I tried a 200 this year. A bit too slow for me these days though.

Hello.

Your spot on I have 3 Van vans & been involved with them for just over 7 years so i got to know them quite well, I've now put the daily use Vv into warm winter storage & i'm using the ebike for the local errand running i used to do on the Vv. I've also got a Kawasaki ER6f.

Toecutter.

Reactions: Artstu

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Hi All.

Many thanks for all the replies, they made for an interesting read.

...So my treasured Wisper SE90 isn't a Wisper its a Woosh. I'm beginning to understand a little bit now, it seems all the various components are made in China & various companies source these parts & build their versions of bikes using whatever is available.

I bought the bike via eBay & picked it up from a nice chap who told me he was Albanian, his English wasn't too good but he seemed decent otherwise i would have walked away. He told me he was the second owner & spoke of the bikes history, i got 2 keys & the charger + bike + manual which didn't really cover my model of bike & it was poorly translated from Chinese. There are a few 'Wispers' for sale presently or recently on eBay, i looked & checked the price of my purchase against that of similar that have been sold, i'm still chuffed & won't have a bad word said against my Wisper even if its DNA or pedigree is under scrutiny :D

I had a great day out on her today, when i first got my ebike i was riding it as though it was a motorcycle, obeying the highway code, stopping at traffic lights etc then i realised it was legally a bicycle so i could use cycle lanes, cross at crossings, ride on wide pavements when safe to do so, ride through the paved zone of the shopping centre...lots of little things that all add up which make a cycle an excellent mode of transport. Unfortunately i can't ride my cycle through the Medway tunnel so i have to go the long way round but the traffic queues are no problem for the ebike with all the perks of a bicycle.

Toecutter.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Toecutter,

You can download the manual for the Woosh Sirocco 2 following this link.

If you ever need support, you can email us at support@wooshbikes.co.uk

All the Woosh manuals can be downloaded following this link.

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Glad you are enjoying the new bike.

Sadly, your plan for mobile charging has a couple of draw backs.

Your bike battery is around 575wh (36v x 16ah) and your leisure battery is about 1300wh. With lead acid batteries you don't want to use much more than about 50% or they will suffer, so you have a real world capacity of about 650wh. That's probably not enough for one full charge, since you will loose power in the conversion from 12v to 220v, then more when you come back to 36v.

Charging off grid will also be a problem. If you have (say) 40w of solar cell, and perfect conditions, you will need 15 hours for one charge. In reality I expect you could double that. I'd guess 5 very sunny days might get you there, but only if you constantly adjust the cell. Wind will give a similar set of problems.

All the kit you will need to achieve this will weigh in at around 40-50 kilos, or about half a fat bloke. This would really impact your range and probably cycling enjoyment.

Roughly speaking, you would be in a position that you could travel 20 miles every 5 days. If you were lucky.

A better alternative is a second bike battery to extend range to roughly 60-80 miles, then charge from mains every few days.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Hi.

Thanks for your input, i'll take it onboard, i was trying to think of a way round paying £300 for a new spare battery & utilising my portable leisure battery camping kit.

I've not charged the bike battery from flat via my 'master battery + inverter + charger' method i've just topped it up after each days riding session approx 12 miles & so far it's topped it up 3 times. I was showing 1-2 LED's out.

Thanks.

Toecutter.

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Toecutter's bike is a Woosh Sirocco2.
Eek! I feel like a father who has just found out his son is not from his loins.
The power limit is a joke. Legally it's one motor although a 250watt rating.
The rating system was designed to make sure manufacturers weren't over rating the motors so most will easily do 500watts plus. Gearing helps but isn't needed for 15 mph. The cheap illegals can be lower power than some legal ones.
SW would advise on dongles to beat the speed limiter. I also know how to do it, technical interest. But the risk is insurance and claims if you are using and uninsured motorbike, as that's what a 20mph electric bike would be classed as.
So I remain legal and enjoy the freedom.
A small generator and a pint of petrol would recharge your battery for least weight and power.
Oh twin motors, well it's just not worth it. Putting 1hp through the rear tire and leaving the front to steer and stop is adiquate.
A front hub and some sweat gives you two wheel drive for nowt. But know one has made outstanding performance claims for that, the opposite in fact of losing grip on gravel uphill.
Enjoy your new bike and welcome.
Hi Dave.

You've certainly answered a few questions & got me thinking. I've got a jenny but if i'm fart arseing around with jennys & petrol cans i may as well get the motorbike out, campsites aren't too keen on folk firing up their jennys even my super quiet portable Honda jenny gets frowned upon in certain circles.

I like the sound of the dongle & removing the speed limiter strictly for off-road use of course. Is it a plug 'n play device or is it a job for a man with knowledge & a multimeter & toolkit? I've tested my 'Wisper' using the sat nav as a speedometer up & down hills & on the flat & using the throttle only mode on the flat with no wind & two way testing, head down tucked in streamlined mode i managed 12.8 MPH. My newly attached digital speedo came up with very similar readings. It slowed down a bit if i sat upright or rode anything other than a smooth surface.

Thanks.

Toecutter.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015