Hello

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Toecutter, you may have paid a little more than you should for your bike but believe me, it's still very good value, if you see how much the shops will charge for a similar bike. The Sirocco 2 is not restricted but because the controller on it is limited to 14A, the assist will drop fast at around 15mph when pedalling, about 13mph on throttle. One quick recommendation: keep the bike dry and well lubed. If you ride in the rain, wipe it dry as soon as you get home. Do ride the bike as often as you can, that the best way to keep the battery in good condition. The charger will pull about 100W, you can plug it into about any inverter.

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Hi.

Interesting stuff & what you say sounds about right, i'm still getting to know her & continue experimenting & i have actually started pedalling more & more which is a good thing.

She lives in the garage where its nice & secure, i did switch the heating on but according to my energy meter it was costing £2:11 per 24 hours so i switched off the heating & now bring just the battery indoors.

I did get caught in heavy rain but trundled on regardless, once home i dried off the bike with a gentle breeze from a warm air blower which i use on the m/bikes i also removed the battery & made sure everything was ok.

I'm having her up on the lift tomorrow, front brake isn't set-up right & at sometime the front wheel 'cones' have been over tightened so i'm going to take it apart & get that front wheel rolling with the precision of a well oiled Swiss watch. Actually the whole bike could do with a bit of mild fettling, it doesn't quite glide along as i think it should.

I keep looking at these off-road beauties but am not yet well enough learned yet to make a wise & proper decision, meanwhile i'm going to bling up the current beast with a plastic rear hugger & something similar for the front, my current standard mudguards are easily distorted once they get packed-out with a bit of mud.

I don't think i'll go up the conversion route as experience has taught me that projects are never that simple & always cost more & take longer than first thought & i don't have the knowledge to do it.

Toecutter.

Reactions: Andy88

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Hi.

Nice :D i watched the whole vid, i reckon you live somewhere in the Midlands or Norfolk surrounded by canals & tow paths :) Certainly looks like a nice place to ride a leccy bike around.

The bike went well didn't it? I'm estimating it did 20+ & accelerated pretty goddam quick. How cool is that & are Halfords getting any in?:D;)

Toecutter.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0433.JPG
DSC_0394.JPG

Reactions: LeighPing

JimRides

Pedelecer
Sep 9, 2016
Liverpool
I really like the look of that bike from the OP, something about the shape of it makes me think of a properly ancient motorbike, i.e. pre-WWI, maybe the motorbikeyness* of it is why you've taken to it so well! :)

* this may not be a real word

• :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

that went in the skip lol

• :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i was faster dh on the santa cruz than my haibike ;)

Reactions: Andy88

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Hi.

Wow! Thats a nice bike backed up with some impressive stats. :D

Bike is actually gorgeous, love the look & kit that's on it & the colour is nice - must be a few bobs worth there my friend.

I'm guessing your into competitive mountain biking, i'll keep my eye out for any competitions or events & go see what all the fun is all about & check out the bikes at the same time.

I keep laying in bed thinking about selling one of my M/bikes & buying a nice tasty bike like yours or similar, my little baby has aroused a lot of interest amongst my pals & they all want to have a go or borrow it for a few days trial, i shan't be lending it to anyone but they can have a go round the field.:)

Toecutter.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i bought it of ebay with 160 miles on it for £3500 rrp new was £5500 ;)

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
i bought it of ebay with 160 miles on it for £3500 rrp new was £5500 ;)
That's a LOT of money even 2nd hand. My Kawasaki ER6 14 plate in VGC 10k miles isn't worth 3.5 grand.

I've googled the most expensive Pedelecs out of curiosity & the sky is the limit it seems.

Toecutter.

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Sure does but what an impressive looking machine, it's got to ride like a dream for that kind of money. I also think i'd be worried about where i parked it & wouldn't relax whilst leaving it unaccompanied, i don't think i'd ever leave it unattended & i wouldn't like to see it get dirty never mind scratched or dinged. Thats the trouble when you have something nice & expensive - you tend to worry about it too much.

I'm already getting paranoid about leaving the Sirocco chained up at Halfords or elsewhere round town a security guard has already advised me to 'don't leave that their mate it'll be gone'

I'd keep the Haibike in the lounge & sit there & admire it getting out of my armchair now & again to touch it's controls & turn it on :D

My bike is going well i managed 11.8 miles today doing a fair bit of pedalling - i'm getting into this cycle riding & am tempted to SORN my Vv until spring or summer & save a few quid on tax/insurance.

I'm still watching the vids :D:cool:

Toecutter.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it lives in the hall way and if anyone says anything they are told to go live in the shed bike is going no where ;)

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg IMG_2803.jpg

Hi :)

i've had another day tinkering with the bike, front & rear brakes are now both working as they should & i've sorted out the tight front wheel again i did have a plan to gild her with some after market plastic mudguards but the rear one won't fit without fouling the smooth battery removal operation so i'll have to look for a more suitable rear mudguard - i'm halfway there i've also fitted a rather nifty rear rack bag for carrying bits 'n pieces. Now my front light won't site due to the front mudguard so i need to re-think things.

I went over the bike checking fixings & then gave her a lube-up & now she glides effortlessly which can only be a good thing, less power robbing friction, tyres pumped up to a whopping 60 psi & the seat angle adjusted by 1-2 notches has made a difference to riding position & is more comfy.

I've also discovered that Kent ebikes is close by so tomorrow i'm going down there to drool over some of the hardware & browse the accessories section to see if there's anything else my bike may need. I think i might replace all the inner cables for something less elastic & see if it improves anything.

She's booked in for a service at Halfords on the 28th but i'm wondering if i should bother as i've fixed the niggly problems from the previous owner, if i can repair & service my motorbikes i'm fairly confident i can sort out my cycle & if i come up against a problem i shall ask on here.

I can't wait until next year & our two week trip up to the Isle of Skye to see the in-laws. They live next to a campsite in Glenbrittle 8 miles down a single track after you come off the main road. The in-laws are quite fit & love cycling & every time we go there we go for a few bike rides & i'm constantly left behind wheezing on one lung & my 20 a day habit doesn't help - Not any more, i can't wait to see the father-in-laws face when i get the leccy bike out of the van i shan't tell him its electric at first & with a bit of luck he won't notice & if he asks i shall tell him the battery box is a tool box :D

I'm seriously thinking for the first time in my life giving up the fags & it's down to this little bike & the pleasure it's bringing me & if i stopped smoking i could afford a tasty crank drive super bike, it all makes sense so an appointment will be booked after Xmas at the Doc's for assistance in giving up the snout. Somehow stopping for a fag break whilst cycling makes me feel uncomfortable, it's a bit contradictory isn't it?

Does anybody charge their bike battery from their vehicle & if so whats the method please? Do i need to do charge the bike battery with a 12 - 240v inverter with the bikes charger plugged in or is there a better way?

Another thing: Does anybody get their wheels balanced? Mine are well out of balance & i can't help thinking the reflectors attached to the spokes don't help things, i'm tempted to remove them.

Toecutter.

Reactions: mw1

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Another thing: Does anybody get their wheels balanced? Mine are well out of balance & i can't help thinking the reflectors attached to the spokes don't help things, i'm tempted to remove them.

Toecutter.
You don't need to balance your wheel but you need to true your wheel and check for loosened spokes from time to time. Loosened spokes will break, especially at the rear wheel where the motor puts more stress on them.
If you have not done up bicycle wheels before, you can download the Woosh Maintenance Manual here:
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/manuals/Maintenance.pdf

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Nice Job, how pleasant is it to see a dealer supporting a used bike buyer even though they did not buy the bike through Woosh.

5 Stars *****

Toecutter

Pedelecer
Dec 16, 2016
Kent
Nice Job, how pleasant is it to see a dealer supporting a used bike buyer even though they did not buy the bike through Woosh.

5 Stars *****
Yes good service & good character, it pays because when i buy a leccy bike for Tracey ( wife) next spring i'll buy from one of the companies from this forum, I'm all for supporting local business.:)

Toecutter.